Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY

+2
Backfour
welshwatcher
6 posters

Go down

THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY Empty THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY

Post  welshwatcher Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:59 am

I posted the article on our website, little while ago and surprised it hasn't appeared on here, if you want a read

http://www.felixstowefootball.co.uk/

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY Empty Re: THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY

Post  Backfour Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:26 am

Having browsed through the FA's statement it is apparent that they are dedicated to maintaining Step 5 divisions made up of 22 teams/clubs. My earlier question, in the 'Yarmouth demise' topic, will there be only 1 club relegated this season from the Premier Division may have been answered. Therefore, meaning 2 clubs promoted from the First Division. Unless someone knows better!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY Empty Re: THE FUTURE OF STEP 5/6 - FA STATEMENT 1ST JANUARY

Post  homer Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:32 am

Interesting item on the Hellenic League site showing current & future possible 12 league scenario:

http://www.hellenicleague.co.uk/...uereorg_jan2012.html

homer

Back to top Go down

Post  athleticman Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:42 am

I'm not sure if it has been discussed elsewhere on here but is the Ridgeons league going to accept applications to the league even if teams don't finish in a promotion position?Would they relax ground standard criteria to give the league a boost in numbers?

athleticman

Back to top Go down

Post  bergh1 Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:16 am

reading the statement, could there be a possibility that the Ridgeons prem could amalgimate with the essex senior league Crying or Very sad

bergh1

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:08 am

Seems to me reading the F.A statement Welshwatcher kindly put on the Felixstowe website, the consulation period is nowhere finished, as Mike Appleby has clearly stated " there are inaccurate rumours circulating & must await the outcome of the consulations ".
from what I conclude is that all Clubs @ Grade "F" standard will be considered and as the statements states in the first season 2013/14 some leagues may well have up to 25 teams in that season
So as for the Ridgeons ( Eastern Counties League ) having to except teams I think we will all have to wait and see what the outcome of meetings between the F.A and the Step 5 Leagues bring forth, undoubtable there may well be some teams drop to step six, but at the same time, the Eastern Counties League may be re-aligned
Think for all of us its going to be a case of wait and see !!!!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:42 am

I've just read the proposed restructered list of leagues and can only assume that it has been devisied by someone who learnt all their Geography in Afghanistan and their mathematics at The London School of swimming lessons for the blind!
25 teams in the proposed division and Felixstowe have been reclassified as London North East FFS!!!

Felixstowe would travel to Barking, Barkingside, Clapton, Eton Manor, Haringey, Haringey & Waltham, Bethnal Green (Mile End), Sporting Bengal (Mile End), London APSA. which would mean travelling along one of the busiest trunk roads in Britain at the height of the rush hour for midweek fixtures.

True there wasn't an accident on the A12 between Romford and Ipswich on 3rd April 1993.

Sorry it just beggars belief!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:59 am

Welshwatcher

Perhaps Felixstowe has changed Counties overnight and is now in Essex ( East London ), just goes to show why at times the F.A make F.Ups , perhaps they used a "sat nav " rather than the old fashion maps of the Country !!!

Happy days they could have even sent Felixstowe to the "Midlands " as Felixstowe is at the end of the A14 !!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:12 am

In fairness we are only 800 yards from Harwich and their ground is only 1.4 miles away from Felixstowes' and they are in Essex, so therefore near London!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 am

Can we assume that the men in suits haven't got a ''scooby''!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  bergh1 Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:10 am

As i said previously ridgeons prem now in the essex senior league or should i say a downgraded essex senior league, shocking move if they do this, this is no better than the SIL league or border league, and these people get paid to make crap decisions like this, SACK THE LOT OF THEM.

bergh1

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:20 am

Can anyone tell me why the F.A want to change the number of Divisions at different "step " levels, seems to me they have not got anything else better to do
Looking at the proposed League some Ridgeons Clubs MIGHT finish up playing , as its been mentioned some are only " park pitches " with poor Floodlights
I know they are only proposals at the moment but also what about travelling and especially to the likes of Barking for a night match.
Also feel the F.A forget one major thing " Eastern Counties Clubs are run by unpaid people ", where as those making the decisions on changed are employed by the F.A, perhaps they would learn more if the helped a Club run say for a month to see how clubs are run and the work that goes on !!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down