Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship

+3
welshwatcher
spongebob
sammy
7 posters

Go down

Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship Empty Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship

Post  sammy Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Having just read the "Green-Un " website , there is an article posted stating that the Ridgeons Building Group will cease sponsoring the Eastern Counties League at the end of the season.
Strange timing ???? with the proposed Step 5 re-alignment, which may well see the Eastern Counties League split up

sammy

Back to top Go down

Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship Empty Re: Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship

Post  spongebob Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 pm

It was announced at the Ridgeon's League AGM last year that this would be their last season of sponsorship. It has no effect on the proposed restructuring of the Leagues, nor has the restructure affected their decision.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship Empty Re: Ridgeons withdraw League Sponsorship

Post  sammy Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:59 am

Spongebob
I did not know Ridgeons had annouced they were ending their Sponsorship at the end of this season, and the way the Green-Un had worded their article seems they did'nt either, however the reason on put the remark on about the league proposals by the F.A , it just seemed strange
to me that just two weeks after the F.A. annoucement, the Management Committee & Ridgeons chose to make their annoucement

or is it good P.R !!!! ?????

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:28 am

EASTERN COUNTIES LEAGUE - MAGNET & PLANET LEAGUE - JEWSON LEAGUE - RIDGEONS LEAGUE - WICKES LEAGUE???

OR

EASTERN COUNTIES LEAGUE - MAGNET & PLANET LEAGUE - JEWSON LEAGUE - RIDGEONS LEAGUE - LONDON NORTH EAST LEAGUE???

Aaah! Balmy, BARMY days in Mile End, Haringey, Clapton

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:58 am

welshwatcher wrote:EASTERN COUNTIES LEAGUE - MAGNET & PLANET LEAGUE - JEWSON LEAGUE - RIDGEONS LEAGUE - WICKES LEAGUE???

OR

EASTERN COUNTIES LEAGUE - MAGNET & PLANET LEAGUE - JEWSON LEAGUE - RIDGEONS LEAGUE - LONDON NORTH EAST LEAGUE???

Aaah! Balmy, BARMY days in Mile End, Haringey, Clapton
lol!
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:44 am

There nothing wrong with Clapton ! one of the good old grounds, went there a few years ago now don't suppose there are a lot of the "original features" left now.

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:16 am

As we all know, the Ryman League has been affectionately referred to as the M25 League, maybe the proposed London North-East League could well be referred to as the A12 league!!!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  westy10 Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:21 am

Quite a lot wrong with Haringey though......it's still the only place I've had a game called off at because of broken glass all over the pitch!!!

westy10

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

Come on Guys, why would you go to Dereham, Diss, Walsham with all their C**p facilities when you could go to Clapton, Haringay and Mile End.
I mean, would you see squatters setting fire to a house in Walsham or needles, spoons and drug paraphinalia in the stands at Dereham?

Life's little experiences!

Can't wait ... been involved with my club for 40 years and now I could be living the dream!!

Hic ..
affraid

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  homer Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:18 pm

As we will be swapping the Norfolk Coast, the Fens, the Suffolk countryside and the wide open spaces of East Anglia for being burgled in Bethnal Green, car-jacked in Clapton and mugged in Mile End perhaps it could be the "Criminal Lawyers 4 U NE London & A12 League".

Is that a sunset I spy in the skies above Haringey?.....oh no, it's a riot.

Thank you FA Mad

homer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down