Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An old friend......

+3
Gag
Backfour
Greenmanwalking
7 posters

Go down

An old friend...... Empty An old friend......

Post  Greenmanwalking Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 am

I see Mr Artis had a normal shocker of a game at Yarmouth on Saturday,sent two Ely players off for tackles that didn't even warrant a yellow let alone red, and these are the words of two Yarmouth supporters.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

An old friend...... Empty Re: An old friend......

Post  Backfour Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 am

I wonder if the Ely City Manager was allowed access to Mr Artis after the game with regards to the reasons why his two players were sent off!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:45 pm

I belive both teams have put a report in about his performance.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Gag Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:54 pm

He had a decent game at Leiston four days earlier (v Waltham Forest)

Gag

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Greygoose Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:52 pm

As you see i'm not hiding behind a assumed name or nickname.
Cannot say what i want to say, but please look at the Ely Forum for a accurate account of what happened.

all i want to add as a small portion of the activities of Mr artis is that after 5 mins in an almost pre-season like game he threatened to SEND Off our 18 year old full back because he didn't like his attitude.

Dean Greygoose

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:26 pm

Dean Greygoose wrote:As you see i'm not hiding behind a assumed name or nickname.
Cannot say what i want to say, but please look at the Ely Forum for a accurate account of what happened.

all i want to add as a small portion of the activities of Mr artis is that after 5 mins in an almost pre-season like game he threatened to SEND Off our 18 year old full back because he didn't like his attitude.

Where is the Ely Forum?

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Greygoose Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Sorry Ely city guestbook!!!

Dean Greygoose

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 am

As i mentioned earlier i spoke to a loyal Yarmouth supporter and a member of staff last night and they both couldn't believe the Ely lads were sent off for offences which would normally receive a 'word' from any other officials.
As the Ely guestbook reads it could easily affect there chances of winning the league with the suspensions which will incur.

Perhaps Mr Artis is on a working holiday with the travelling circus which is doing the rounds locally and by dishing a few reds out for the FA to make his money up clown
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:29 am

Although not at the Felixtowe v Hadleigh match on Tuesday night, but reading the Felixstowe website match report I see Referee Mr John Magill is trying to get the same attention as our friend Mr Artis.

Seems to me as the season is drawing to a close, Referee's are now starting to issue more cards, one can only assume the respective county F.A.'s have said " we are a bit down on fines for yellow & red card offences can you book a few more to bolster funds ", this then leads on to the Refeere's being able to say " I've had a good season with " x " amount of yellow cards & "z " amount of red cards issued , which makes them look good in the F.A's eyes so they will either get promotion to higher level or justify staying at the standard they are. To some it looks bad if they get demoted to low leagues.

Don't know if there is any truth in the above . but over the years it makes you wonder at times if this goes on ( tongue in cheek !! )

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:52 am

It's my understanding that Referees, particularly young ones on the 'up' get considered more for promotion based on the numbers of yellow and red cards issued. The said Mr Artis, i believe, was on the Football League list at one time, if i'm not mistaken, so if he's back doing Step 4 and 5 matches has he been dropped down?
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Evergreen Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:46 pm

I'm fairly certain I saw a brief glimpse of Mr Artis on the football league show last week running the line, so he's still there
Evergreen
Evergreen

http://www.gorlestonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum