shock results this weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down

shock results this weekend

Post  Nuts 10 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:01 am

some strange and unexpected results on saturday.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: shock results this weekend

Post  Backfour on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:05 am

Ely City losing at Woodbridge was alarming if only for the fact that they had another player sent off and together with the two players dismissed at Great Yarmouth recently, this could affect their chase with Wroxham for the championship!
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:54 pm

yeah they might , but have to say the yarmouth sending off's were a joke ( i was one ) i was fouled on the edge of the box the ref gave it and the captain came up to me and said " you diving c**t " and i repiled with " censored off with a are you serious tone and the ref sent me off and our keeper who is captain came over to see why he had sent me off the ref took offence that he came all the way to have a word booked him and then when he went to return booked him again as he asked him to come bk - if you ask me its a massive joke that Mr artis is a ref let alone allowed near a football game !

as for woodbridge they deserved to win played really good football, we had 3 main players out and the sending off ( which was yellow at best ) didnt help and our only remaining centre bk broke his finger and left us with 1 left bk who only plays as a defender ! it would have been 1-0 maybe could have got bk into it but with everything against us all shots just flew in - bad day at the office me and pacey now start our 2 match suspention starting vs stanway at home and wisbech away but we have good cover in Brady Stone and Jaime Greygoose so if we play like we can we can still be up there - wroxham still have tough matches !
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:22 am

The side I follow have played both Wroxham and Ely twice. I thought Ely were the best side we have played all season, playing to their strengths with good effect. There is still a long way to go but the edge is with The Yachtsmen and it may come down to who has the strenth in depth over the next three weeks. Experience is with Wroxham, workrate is with Ely. Going to be interesting!

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  applefootball on Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:31 am

I don't think there is a club who has not had a problem with Mr Artis in this division over the last two seasons (at least we got off our charges he put on to the club as they were so ridiculous and made up Very Happy )

applefootball

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:59 am

So many postings on this forum regarding Mr Artis and his performances as a referee makes you wonder if he has some grievance at this level of football. In my time as manager, i to came up against his histrionics.
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm

u would have thought with all these ridiculous displays he would have had the chop by now as he isnt even a average ref ive had sunday league refs miles better , surely we are not that desperate on refs at our level ? thanks for you complements about ely we have done well and workrate is really the thing that has got us where weare today and the togetherness which has never been there in recent years is second to none and that is all down to the managers as it was a big call to sack off the ( bigtimers ) the heart of the old team and rebuild it could have gone horriblily wrong so i take my hat of to them both. wroxham should really go on to win it but as we played them twice now and i cant see why or how there top ! its the worst ive seen them play ( style ) but you cant argue as they are sitting on top. if anything i would have taken a top 8 finish at the begining and we have a top 3 finish already just hope that we dont let ourselves down now after a great season, some massive games left and cup final - good luck for the rest of the season Smile
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lol

Post  really lol on Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:38 pm

Chadders 11, sometimes it's better to say nothing.
Let's be honest tho that is something you really struggle with. There is no player in this league that whines and moans as much as you, hence your red card at Yarmouth.
For you a player who plays for Ely to comment on a style of Play from another team is laughable.
No team in this League plays a more Direct Style of play than yours. Long ball after long ball, long throws and set pieces is what your team relys on, however that is your team playing to your strengths.
How many points did you take off of Wroxham, oh thats right 1 point.
And with 2 games over easter and 3 nil victories in both I would say they are doing something right.

Your team has done well this season to finishin the top 3, 3rd place finish is respectable and nobody would of predicted that at the begginning of the season.

Try putting more effort into your football and less into mouthing off on the pitch and on forums and you may improve as a player.

Live and learn xxxx cheers

really lol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:53 pm

well this is a forum and im a football fan aswell as a player and have as much right to read and say what i like, now i wasnt mouthing of it was my opinion, wroxham dont play good football and yes its obvioulsy affective and they have won the league by doing so ( taking nothing away from them ) but thats my view, i moan the most ?? lol whatever pal i have only been booked 3 times this whole season one being the shocking ref mr artis,obviously u begrudge ely a bit as i dont think we play long ball as much as any team we have played thisd year ecept let me think , woodbridge, crc, great yarmouth thats about it really, so i dont think il listen to a view of a guy with rose tinted glasses.anyway 3rd in the league would be great but we will be 2nd as we have our team back for saturday ( been depleated last 3 games ) so we beat brantham and we are 2nd and a cup final on wednesday which in anyones books is a fantastic season, and as for me putting in more effort in the pitch i think il let the stats do the talking on this one Smile u did in fact make me smile tho - fickle fan
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

lol

Post  really lol on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:51 am

Sorry chadders11 from I rate myself.com lol ( i will let the stats do the talking ).
I am cringing for you, your team mates that read this site must be cringing also.
Seriously reallity check, you are not a great player, you whinge and moan on the pitch, fact.
Any one tackles you and you scream like a little girl, I know PAL.

You as a player are commenting on a style of play of another team.
Ely are a very direct side and score lots of goals from set pieces, fact.
Is that a bad thing, no Ely are good at it.
Wroxham will play 40 League games this year, will they be brilliant in all of them, no another fact.
Will they win alot of games they dont play well in, yes another fact.

You could ask all the teams in the Prem who are the best team they have played this year and you could get ten different teams as answers.

Every team in this league can be very good on their day.

The team that wins the league are the team that normally has more of them.

Dont judge a team over two games that you only managed a point from, judge them over the season.

Ely have had a very good season, some would say they have overachieved and will not be in the mix next year, again opinions.
I personally think Brantham will win Saturday and will get second place again opinions.

Cheers for biting tho, surprise you still could not keep your mouth shut lol Wink

really lol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:20 am

Well another wrong opinion by our new friend Ely played Brantham off the park and a comfortable win at that, now our 2 games against wroxham we were the better team lucky to scrape a draw at home and a dodgy pen and last min goal hardly makes them a force - but all in all wish them well in a high league probably will be a quick visit - just make it easier for is next year and we will over lap them on there way down, I'm not very good ur right Ely have been carrying me all season probably would have won it easy without me in the way Smile anyway waiting for a bite as u bite on the first message and even added urself just to reply, and use a nickname- very sad 2nd cheers Smile
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bergh1 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:44 pm

Chadders, i was watching that match and it did not seem to me that Ely played Brantham off the park, in fact it was a tight game and could of gone either way, which now makes me think that your talking a load of s... with regards the wroxham games

bergh1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:44 pm

Shock !! if u could see the stats from the match i think you will find brantham had 2 shots on goal to our 10 and we could have scored at least 3 tap ins if ppl had there shooting boots on, anyway doesnt matter will take 1-0 all day - well all i can say is i saw alot of the ball up my end which only can be seen as us attacking brantham all game but again ur entitled to ur opinion
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  really lol on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 am

Chadders 11. Earlier on this thread you said that the Manager had come in and made changes getting rid of the big time Charlie's at the club. Clearly he kept one! You are so full of yourself. Me myself and I fc. The games against Wroxham you did not win and u did not deserve to. U were awarded a shocking pen in the first game and 2nd half u were defending for your lives. Take your blinkers off. The best team won the league stats don't lie. Scored the most conceded the least enough said.

really lol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Since the forum started up again and I volunteered to be a moderator I have never felt the need to make any post as a moderator!

I am all for a bit of banter and a differences of opinion from lots of people, after all that's what forums are all about, BUT, this thread is getting close to being abusive on a personal basis and we don't want to go there do we.

Alway good to remember that anything posted on here can be used in a court of law, I'm not saying anything above is in that area but just be aware guys.

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  chadders11 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 pm

lol clearly this old man is a avid fan of wroxham and a hater ( join the list ) of me which hasnt bothered me in the past nor will it in the future, if anything that least we got 1 more person to add to the fourm out of the comments so thanks for coming - i persume we wont see another post from this guy till i write something again Smile mine was just the opinion of a player who played against these teams ( yes only twice ) but that was my opinion, yes for god sake man wroxham were obviously the best team in the league but i feel on both games we easily could have beaten them with some luck and ref decisions go our way , haha ur pen in the away fixture was laughable and ur 2nd in the home was a foul ( wait for the bite ) well done on the league mate now go back into hiding and support ur team in the next league il be surprised if that style of football gets many admirers or wins in that league Smile yeah mate im all about me Smile CIC Winners and 2nd in the league all done by ME to be fair i should be getting some award for what ive done, thanks for the bite tho hahaha done on the subject now thanks my biggest fan Smile
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top