Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012

+9
emerald parker
dellwood
Greenmanwalking
Spenny
crackers
yiddo
Backfour
spongebob
welshwatcher
13 posters

Go down

2011 - FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012 Empty FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012

Post  welshwatcher Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:42 pm

So here we are, the final preview of the season, hope everyone has enjoyed them, after all they are only supposed to be a bit of fun.
Will I be back, I'm not sure, if I'm not it's been enjoyable.

BRANTHAM ATHLETIC V WISBECH TOWN
The home sides chance of gaining the Runners Up spot finally disappeared at Emerald Park on Tuesday when they played out a 0-0 with the Greens. It has been a disastrous final month of the season for Brantham with one win, one draw and three defeats and it has cost them dearly, now they must gain something from this match to retain third place. It’s a match The Fenmen will relish as they have their destiny in their own hands, four wins from their last five and one defeat in seven and that against the champions speaks for itself. This must be Match of the Day.

CRC V WOODBRIDGE TOWN
The home side cannot better their current 6th place but defeat could see them slip down to 10th, dependent on other results, a win for the Woodpeckers would see them climb above their hosts and guarantee them at least a seventh place finish or possibly a top six spot. So, both have plenty to play for. The Woodpeckers have won six of their last eight and are in form while CRC show just won win in their last six although that was against the champions and they will want to finish the season on a positive note. Both have scored freely this season but their defences have conceded 60 apiece.

ELY CITY V NORWICH UNITED
Despite a nervy last month Ely will be runners up no matter what other sides do. They have conceded 17 goals and picked up just one win in their last five games but fortunately for them they weren’t the only ones with run-in nerves. They will want to finish the season on a high to show they are worthy runners up while their visitors are still eyeing a 6th place finish, but they would have to take maximum points from this game to achieve that. Defeat could see a 6th place turn into 10th spot so they will set out to gain something from this game.

FC CLACTON V DISS TOWN
The hosts will be looking for the seasons exit gate and will be desperate to see an end to their simply awful run that now stretches to ten straight defeats, including a 1-0 loss in the reverse of this fixture. 32 goals conceded in those games, six of them in mid-week when they lost by an almost unbelievable scoreline of 6-5 at Gorleston. I think any side will feel their luck is out if they score five goals away from home but still lose. It will be of no consequence to their visitors who have had a decent second half of the season although they go into this game on the back of two defeats.

FELIXSTOWE & WALTON UNITED V DEREHAM TOWN
The home side will end the season in a disappointing position, just above the relegation spots after some promising results early on but they have failed to find any consistency over the campaign and slipped to defeats from a winning position to often for comfort. Their visitors will also be disappointed with their season. They start the day in 10th place and are in the bunch that could shuffle the pack and could possibly end in 6th spot but they must rely on to many others failing to make that realistic. Both will want to finish on a positive note so it could be entertaining.

GREAT YARMOUTH TOWN V NEWMARKET TOWN
Whatever the result the home side will finish the season bottom and their visitors in 20th and both will be relegated. The reverse fixture ended as a 6-1 win for the Jockeys and how they would like a repeat of that scoreline. All credit to The Bloaters who have persevered throughout a massively difficult season and they will surely emerge as a stronger group next season, but they will have full focus on this game as they try to end the season on a high and halt their run of 13 straight defeats. The Jockeys 12 match losing run ended last time out with a draw but that was three weeks ago.

HADLEIGH UNITED V GORLESTON
These two sit next to each other in 11th & 12th with advantage Hadleigh on goal difference. Neither can catch the sides above them, neither can be caught by those below. The Greens away record just has the edge on Hadleigh’s record at The Millfield so a hard one to call. On current form for April the home side have the advantage but they have been inconsistent this season as have their visitors. At the seasons outset Gorleston’s main aim must have been to ensure they survive in the Premier Division and they have achieved that while for Hadleigh the season will have been less rosy.

KIRKLEY & PAKEFIELD V HAVERHILL ROVERS
A home win would see The Royals climb above their visitors to mark an excellent second half of the season. They were in the relegation battle for so long but have climbed away from trouble with a run of five wins and a draw in their last six games while scoring 13 times and conceding just three to improve their goal difference. Their visitors have won just once and lost five of their last eight so will be disappointed in their season and any result here will be considered in a positive light and a point would ensure they don’t lose any further places from their current 13th spot.

WALSHAM-le- WILLOWS V STANWAY ROVERS
Five wins and two draws from their last nine games have seen The Willows ease away from the relegation zone into a comfortable if not spectacular 17th spot. They could drop one place dependent on the result at The Goldstar Ground should they lose this encounter but it has been an encouraging second half of the season whatever the final result. Stanway will end the campaign in a very respectable 5th place whatever happens so they will consider this a very successful season that might have been even better with an improved home record where they have lost six times.

WROXHAM V MILDENHALL TOWN
What is there to say, worth champions, best home record, best away record, most goals scored, least conceded and a winning margin of at least nine points, possibly 13. They have had their blips along the way but have been consistent throughout the season and must be rightly proud of their achievement. Is this a good or bad day to catch them for Mildenhall. Can The Yachtsmen rise to the occasion one more time or will they have one eye on the trophy awaiting them at the end of the game. Mildenhall will be giving it their best shot as they could be the last side to beat The Yachtsmen in The Ridgeons League.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

2011 - FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012 Empty Re: FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012

Post  spongebob Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:00 am

Thank you for another season's magnificent work on the previews WW.
I'm sure I speak for all readers of the forum when I offer my sincere thanks for all your work, and I'm already looking forward to a repeat next season.

Thanks mate
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

2011 - FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012 Empty Re: FINAL PREMIER DIVISION PREVIEW FOR 2011/2012

Post  Backfour Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:27 am

Great job on the previews this season. No doubt other followers on here will say the same. Helped me a lot when doing my predictions every week. Thanks again.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:12 am

Top job WW for the whole season yet again, love it
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 pm

yep....your the man,thanks for your time and trouble each week!!

crackers

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:11 am

Yep, can only echo the comments above and say well done and hopefully see more of the same next season!

Spenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:49 am

Great work Phil,i just wish i went with your wise words while doing the predictions instead of choosing results at random most of the time.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:04 am

Now if only we could only get all these people to come to our game tomorrow we would double the gate ! See you tomorrow WW

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  emerald parker Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Great stuff, Thanks for your effort.

emerald parker

Back to top Go down

Post  warhorse Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:58 pm

i can only endorse the previous comments, every week you give a very good preview of the upcoming matches and you are always very informative, please carry on next season.
many thanks from me for your efforts.
warhorse
warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  busky Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:21 am

Have enjoyed them all.

Hope you feel able to continue next season.

busky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 am

Ditto to all above comments.

Hope everyone has a good summer and look forward to season 2012/2013 whatever division/league you may be in

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  saddlemaker Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 am

Thank you WW. So much appreciated by us programme editors, and timely too, Log in at 11am on a Thursday and it was always there. Shame it was not in Saturdays EADT as it used to be. Well done also to GAG also for his coverage of the Ridgeons League in Saturday's EADT but apart from GAG's analysis of four games and the occasional feature article there is no longer a mention of every Suffolk Ridgeons match as there used to be. We now get quite a bit of coverage of Braintree and Chelmsford, and quite rightly, Lowestoft, Bury, Leiston, Needham and AFC Sudbury, but come on Archant, one less page of Sudoko, and one whole dedicated page to Eastern Counties League Football again please next season.
saddlemaker
saddlemaker

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:30 am

My thanks to you all for your kind words, it is always good to know something you do (and it does take a tad more than five minutes) is appreciated.
I did offer the preview to The EADT but was advised they would not be able to use it this season gone as they were planning more coverage of Braintree after their promotion.

For those who are on the interweb and e-mail system the preview is there but of course not all of us use the digital system and many (like me) believe in the printed word on paper.

It is not an ego thing for me, probably like the vast majority who read it on a website somewhere it is about getting the (Now) Eastern Counties League out and about in as many outlets as possible.

One thing people can do of course is write to the EADT and ask/suggest it should return, if people write, papers take notice.

Thanks again for your kind words
WW

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down