Restructuring of Reserve Divisions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Restructuring of Reserve Divisions

Post  Backfour on Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 am

Was this implemented at the request of the member clubs or a League decision? Some of the journeys that will be made by Clubs, particularly of those in the Premier Reserve Division, are remarkable! Clubs such as Dereham Town, Great Yarmouth, Gorleston, Lowestoft and Thetford will make trips of up to 90 miles to places like Maldon, Heybridge, Witham and Clacton and of course vice versa. Were the Clubs aware of the financial implications of such a change??
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Restructuring of Reserve Divisions

Post  Greenmanwalking on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:13 am

I am led to believe the teams in the 'Premier' Reserve league had a choice if they wanted to be in that league,so they must of realised the costings,does seem a bit strange with most clubs tightening the purse strings though.
But as i am just a minion i will still follow to the not so frequented grounds......as you do.
Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:46 am

I suppose we are lucky that Wisbech & March are not in it ! As most people have said strange decision when most clubs will possibly travel twice as far.

dellwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:38 am

I was asked to look at the relative mileages of the Reserve League (North) - as it was then - and the Cambs League. Wasn't rocket science to work out which one would have the bigger mileage...

Spenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top