DONT PANIC, DONT PANIC!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DONT PANIC, DONT PANIC!!!!!

Post  Brettisders on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Nice to see an update on our website for players signed on for next season already, no real surprises so far -

Signed on -
Darren Moyes
Shane Wardley
Mark Goldfinch,
Kris Rose
Paul Donnelly
Mark Maher
Chris McLaughlin
Michael Barwick
Liam Jennings
Marcus Josiah
Matt Downing
Scott Chaplin

No news on Ollie Canfer or Ollie Brown so far, would be a shame to loose either of those !

One confirmed exit as suspected is Dan Heath, who according to the website will be moving to a higher level, with 3 clubs already enquired.

I do hope SC sticks with the squad he signs and doesn't go searching for more players, this core is very strong and should mount a good challenge next year with Dereham promoted and Wisbech moving on

Brettisders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Crawford will always go looking for more players, because that's the kind of person he is!!
If the season doesnt start well with the group of players he has, then straight away he will be on the look to get others in.
He's done it every season he has been at the club so why would next season be any different???

HUFC Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Totally agree with you HUFC Supporter.
I have been watching the Reserves & U18's this season & havent seen Stuart Crawford at one game. Not just watching his 1st teamers on their way back from injury, but any of the up & coming Youth Players!!
This CLUB is run as two seperate CLUBS.
The 1st team, who get everything they want!!!!
The Reserve & U18, who if they want anything have to dip into their own pockets for it!!
They have even stopped the petrol monies we used to get for certain away games, but the 1st team still get theirs!!
The Presentation Eveing is this coming Saturday, be interesting to see what happens!!

Adnams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scotty Parker on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 am

I will ask the question then.....................Is Stuart Crawford now the right person to take Hadleigh Utd FC forward, or has he gone as far as he can ?

Scotty Parker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettisders on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 am

Scott Parker I have to say no, it needs a freshening up!

Crawford is getting a reputation he will struggle to loose, and I really think we will struggle to sign anybody because of that !

But who knows, the problem with first team and reserve segregation is probably the same at all clubs, the reserve standard is really poor and people can't go back and forth at will. And I'd be surprised if any other reserve teams get paid. Adnams I'm guessing your a reserve team player yourself ?

Brettisders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nonleaguer on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:38 pm

You are right, most teams tend to operate as seperate teams within a club. I have been saying it for a long time though, it can be done and the benifits are there for all to see. There are managers out there champing at the bit, club managers who would love the opportunity to oversee the whole operation. Sadly, most clubs tend to go for the so called "high profile" managers, who are as mercenary as the players they bring in.
Message to chairmen and committee's everywhere, dont be frightened to take on a proper football person, you may save a few quid and improve at the same time.

Nonleaguer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RASPUTIN on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 pm

What a great post nonleaguer, agree with everything you said. Club after club does same tired thing, throws money at it , then runs out and claims to be giving youth a chance. then next season when sponsor money comes in early doors do the same tired thing. As usual we get to end of season and suddenly budgets reduced massively or cut (usually when its too late for players to leave). Same old same old. Same players earning silly money, same managers giving it to them and same old committees thinking its the answer! Develop your own and they may well stay loyal, you save money and if you dont end up in the conference you are where you would of been anyway but with more money in bank!! Heres a radical thought, spend it on the ground so more people come watch!!

RASPUTIN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Wed May 01, 2013 12:44 am

Brettisders wrote:Nice to see an update on our website for players signed on for next season already, no real surprises so far -

Signed on -
Darren Moyes
Shane Wardley
Mark Goldfinch,
Kris Rose
Paul Donnelly
Mark Maher
Chris McLaughlin
Michael Barwick
Liam Jennings
Marcus Josiah
Matt Downing
Scott Chaplin

No news on Ollie Canfer or Ollie Brown so far, would be a shame to loose either of those !

One confirmed exit as suspected is Dan Heath, who according to the website will be moving to a higher level, with 3 clubs already enquired.

I do hope SC sticks with the squad he signs and doesn't go searching for more players, this core is very strong and should mount a good challenge next year with Dereham promoted and Wisbech moving on

I'm not an expert but from this I assume HUFC have all these players under contract for next season which is very nice for a mid-table Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side, expensive I would imagine!

If they are not under contract what would they sign to commit themselves to the club for next season as I doubt league signing on forms have been released yet, or have they?

All that aside it is excellent that so many players have committed themselves to the Brettsiders next season if they are not under contract.

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Sat May 04, 2013 6:46 pm

"Brettsiders , Adnams & H.U.F.C Support "

I note from the Hadleigh website your Manager has made his first "summer signing " with the return of Duane Wright, so Hadleigh must have a "good budget in place ", obliously Wright does not fit in with Mark Morsely's plans for next season @ Needham or is he reducing his budget !!! This signing should help keep you happy for next season Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams on Sat May 04, 2013 10:25 pm

How does SC do it Question Question Question
Not a bad signing for a club with a small budget Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Just as well that money making machine in the shed behind the clubhouse is working O/T Exclamation Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
SC would be nothing without that behind him. (PUSH SQUEEZE}
Be interesting to see the player budget for last season, with all the BIG name signings we have had:?:
He is a very poor coach & let Ian Brown go who was, as i am sure many of you would agree one of the top ones around this araea Exclamation Exclamation
But there again he let Ben Deacon go & he has scored another 25 league goals in 38 matches this season.
And if you add Josh Mayhews total of 19 thats another season when these two have scored 40+ goals between them Exclamation
Maybe if they had been at the club this season Crawford, we would have finished even further up the table Question Question
Wonder who else is heading our way?

Adnams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Sun May 05, 2013 5:55 am

Adnams

Already seems Mr Crawford is aiming high next season with the signing of Duane Wright . As you state who else is going to sign ???. Then the next question is where are the existing players going to fit in as someone will surely have to make way for Duane. And as the players already committed as Welshwatcher pointed out must be on F.A Contracts, so now if any of these players are unhappy and want out, they will be faced with the problem of firstly getting permission to talk to another club, then there may well be a transfer fee involved . Or is this how Mr Crawford is hopefully going to fund his players budget, especially if the " money machine in the shed breaks down or runs out of paper ".

Player movements like these go on at other Clubs , but for some strange reason Hadleigh like to make it public knowledge or is this the Manager on an ego trip Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Anyway its makes for something to comment on , on this Forum , just wondering which Club will be the next to name its signings for next season Question Question

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Sun May 05, 2013 8:24 am

I believe the 2013/2014 season commences on August 3rd. If that is correct I will be revealing who have definitely signed on for the club I follow at around 17.50 Hrs on Saturday 3rd August 2013. I feel confident that I will not be speculating on who has, might or will sign for the club at that time on that date!

I do this most seasons and I find I am rarely wrong!

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettisders on Sun May 05, 2013 9:11 am

A very good signing for us Duane was a big player for us before and I'm sure he will be again!

Little side note and a rumour Going around the club is Crawford is on the look out for another goalkeeper, Moyes has a real problem with fitness, and with Dan Heath already decided to go try his luck at the professional game, GK is a real Important position which needs to be filled. Maybe we will see Louis Johnsen return to Hadleigh after being released from needham, I was never overly keen on Johnson during his first stint so we will see !

Up the Brettsiders !!

Brettisders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The iceman on Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 am

Over the past months I've read this thread and chuckled to myself. How can you guys keep give Crawfy so much stick? He has actually done a decent job. If the reserve team players made up the bulk of the team then Hadleigh would be relegated and they'd be very few watching. The reserves finished mid table in an appalling Thurlow Nunn Reserve Div One. Next season I think a top 3 is easily achievable and winning it is a possibility.

The iceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter on Wed May 08, 2013 1:36 am

Iceman,
If you look at Hadleigh's Attendance, its been dropping off ever since Mr. Crawford has been in charge, as many supporters dont like the way he is doing things!!!
The Reseve Team has nearly had as many at there home games as the 1st team & if it hadnt of been for the away support they would have had more!
As for Winning the League next season & with the money being thrown at players, HUFC should have no problems in winning it.
The League is getting weaker & weaker every season with the likes of Lowestoft, Bury Town, Needham Market, Leiston, Wisbech Town & Dereham Town all having moved up the football ladder.
Will HUFC be moving up?
Speak to the Committee & they will tell you that there is no chance of that happening.
They are quite happy to be a top 6 Thurlow Nunn side & have a good Cup run every now & then.
I am well aware that Mr. Crawford is looking to take HUFC further, but i think you will find that when he tries that, this will be when the Committee & him fall out & all the BIG earners at the club disappear Exclamation
Then what will happen to HUFC Question Question

HUFC Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Sat May 18, 2013 9:32 am

Just read that Dan Heath has signed for Wroxham of Ryman Division 1 North

Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettisders on Sat May 18, 2013 9:44 am

No real surprise, only surprise for me it's not higher up ! I also saw in the Greenun yesterday he won Suffolk footballer of the year as voted for by the Greenun paper. Great achievement for the boy !

Brettisders

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:31 am

I note from the Hadleigh website, Mr Crawford has made another signing as an ex player returns to the " Millfield " , it appears Josh Mayhew has signed from Brantham. With the squad he now has at his disposal ( if they all stay ) looks like Hadleigh are going to make a concerted challenge for the League Title

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:12 am

Backfour wrote:Just read that Dan Heath has signed for Wroxham of Ryman Division 1 North
I now see that Dan Heath has followed David Batch to AFC Sudbury. With recent acquisition Michael Brothers to the squad, it looks as though the club could be a force to be reckoned with!

Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top