Managerial casualty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Managerial casualty

Post  yiddo on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 pm

Plenty of rumours going around already about who will be the first for the chop, why do chairman expect overnight success ???
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yiddo

Post  gazza on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm

They either press the panic button or the manager has lost too many games and the club are out of the fa cup and fa vase.
Budget's are small and the cup's keep some clubs afloat or it helps immensly.
You could be like haverhill and enter two teams in the vase - very clever me thinks.............. Very Happy

gazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Casualty

Post  Nuts 10 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:16 pm

I think Chairman should be very careful before they act and managers need time to bring success.
I was lucky that at Long Melford despite what other may say I had a board who fully supported me during my time at the club and stood by when results were not great early on.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nuts 10

Post  gazza on Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:06 am

You had a top season getting into the suffolk senior final mate. I know people talk about youth and im all for it but with the right experience with the youth a team will do well.
What you put in - is what you get out !!

gazza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Managerial casualty

Post  welshwatcher on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:43 am

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIW on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:15 am

MIW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  stephen on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:16 pm

Andy Taylor was not a 'casualty' at Clacton. The job was his for as long as he wanted it, it was his call to step down.

Whilst writing, I must add that we are very pleased with Ray Turner being named as our new manager!

stephen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:21 pm

Felixstowe was the rumour that I'd heard
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

managerial jobs

Post  Nuts 10 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 am

Sometimes club should go away from the normal type of candidates. Often I feel that clubs go with a safe option rather then people who could develop in to the job like players.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:55 am

Two Managerial Casualties already !!!
Having read about Andy Taylors decision at FC Clacton , I would not class this as a casualty, but a correct move for the Club by all parties.
As for Felixstowe & Walton, assume the "nail in the coffin " was the defeat at home to Ipswich Wanderers in the F.A. Vase, Cup ties as usual do bring out some strange results, but as Steve Buckle & Gary Thompson were a " new management team" this season surely the Club should them a chance, some will say going out of cups early on is bad for the club, but it happens and sometimes new management do not bring instant results.
One other point, if a team performs badly its usually the manager at fault, but sometimes I think the players should stand up and be counted, as a Manager can pick his strongest team , telling the players what he expects of them , but if they ignore his instructions, but if they " cock it up on the pitch " they must take some of the responsiblity

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fc Clacton

Post  Nuts 10 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Beavers decision is a brave one imo because its often very difficult to admit that either you havent got the time or energy to carry on further with a role. Fc Clacton have moved quickly to make an appoitment and its good to see a club go with a young managers and hopefully they will reap the rewards of this decision in the future.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIW on Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:05 am

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/non-league

The green un covering what happened at Felixstowe above link.

MIW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:33 am

why is it that 9 times out of 10 when a manager is sacked it's because he hasn't picked or played the team that Mr Chairman wanted, if Mr Chairman wants to call the shots then Mr Chairman should admit to it and put his arse on the line #easyscapegoat
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuts 10 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:41 am

Hardly but having Subs over the age of 45 isn't exactly a glowing reference.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 am

I was told he was 43 !!!

dellwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nuts 10 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:49 am

Clubs at this level should have all there best Coaches in the youth section and try and bring the youngsters through.

Nuts 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 am

I understand the reason the players age was given as 43 was because available records only go back to 1969, but I am reliably informed that the player in question was a year above a confirmed 47 year old at school!

If that is the way forward for a club with a thriving youth section then there is something seriously wrong!

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:22 am

Our Club also has a thriving Youth Section, but Mr. Crawford would sooner go out & bring in players than give a few of the Youth a chance.
There has been some great players at the club since he arrived but because he wants to make a name for himself (ASAP) so that he can then move on he hasnt & will never give any of our promising youngesters the chance, well only in Friendlies to make it look as if he is! Mad
Could this be why many once they get to U16 are driffting away to other Clubs, as they no they have no chance to make the 1st team as he never comes to watch either of the U18's or the Reserves?
The trouble with Mr. Crawford is that its all about ME, ME, ME!!!!

HUFC Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:28 pm

The following was posted on The Seasiders website yesterday morning and published in the Green un online.

STATEMENT UPDATE
FELIXSTOWE & WALTON UNITED FC
MANAGER

Director of Football Tony Barnes released the following statement at 1300 Hrs today.

There has been much speculation and rumours surrounding the managerial situation at present.

The current position is that Kevin Witchalls is in charge of first team affairs in a caretaker capacity assisted by coach Mark Wilding and other members of the club coaching staff.

The executive committee are currently interviewing candidates selected for the short list of prospective managers, this is an ongoing process that will continue throughout the week of 1st - 8th October 2012.

When the interview process is complete the executive committee will meet to reach a final decision and inform unsuccessful candidates. The new appointee(s) will then be informed and a formal announcement will be made on Monday 15th October 2012.

Barnes continued.

While the process may seem long to some, the club is determined to get the best possible people on board in the long term interest of the football club. While the short term problems need addressing urgently the club has a long term vision and feel this is the ideal time to start laying down the foundations to bring their hopes and aspirations to fruition over the next decade.

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top