FA VASE Vs Stowmarket Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FA VASE Vs Stowmarket Town

Post  HUFC Supporter on Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 am

Well having given myself 24 hours to reflect on the latest disappointment at The Millfield I feel now I can put finger to keypad.
(Saturday 10th September) FA VASE Vs Stowmarket Town.
On paper and after the midweek results this should have been a home banker, but OH KNOW, Hadleigh United Players let us paying public down once again.
The only players in my opinion that could walk of that pitch with their heads held high were Luke Read & Kris Rose, the rest might just have well been sitting in the stand with the rest of us.
We have a left back who is prepared to run 40 yds to moan at the referee, but when it comes to a 5 yd run to make a challenge, he just can’t be bothered.
I never thought I would see the day when Hadleigh supporters cheered a Stowmarket goal against us, but yesterday that happened, when Craig Payne came back to haunt us all.
A player who was happy to play for the club for nothing and was leading goal scorer in all his seasons at The Millfield, until last year.
Well done Craig you deserved your day of glory.
Having already witnessed poor performances against Brantham Ath, CRC, FC Clacton & Heybridge Swifts this was once again another kick in the teeth for all the dwindling home supporters.
Over the last few years the Club has being moving in the direction that we all want them to be going, but now I feel that things are spiralling out of control.
The good humoured atmosphere has gone and it would seem most are at the club for just one thing now, MONEY!
Finally, this morning in The High Street I’m told that Hadleigh players had a bust up with one another in The Clubhouse after the match in front of Stowmarket Committee & Supporters of both sides. Mad Embarassed Shocked
Its going to be a long season ahead.
Good luck to Stowmarket Town in the next round. Smile

HUFC Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FA VASE Vs Stowmarket Town

Post  spongebob on Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:03 am

If it has slumped to the type of debacle that HUFC outlined, I think it's a crying shame. I have always enjoyed my visits to Hadleigh and have found them to be a nice hardworking bunch of people both on and off the field. It's a Club with great facilities and a fantastic playing surface. I have always been made to feel welcome there (including two weeks ago when we played them).
What on earth has gone wrong for a Club to (seemingly) plummet so quickly? I understand it all started in the summer with some changes at committee level, but now players brawling in public??
spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  4-4-2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:36 am

I would like to say well done to Steve Jay and his players ,I know its just one game and one result and we can not get carried away but it must be the result of the week.I think it was helped by a funny look which Hadleigh team had was it 3-5-2 a 4-4-0 i dont really know and by the look of things they didnt too,It was strange and a little negative to play one up front in a big cup game and at home as well this helped stowmarket more space to play into and more time on the ball maybe that is why im not a manager. Stow's goals were all well worked and takern . One thing i did find strange was when Craig Payne got both his goals just as many Hadleigh fans as Stowmarket cheered , he seemed to be well liked over there WHY DID THEY LET HIM GO but well done to steve for getting a player of his quality to come to Stowmarket to add to his squad .Good luck to Hadleigh fans i think you are going to need it for the rest of the season, Things do seem strange at the mill you can sense it why ???

4-4-2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:56 am

Things haven’t been helped by the loss of two Committee Members who gave up a lot of free time to help the Club run as smoothly as it has over the past few years. When this happens and you dont get replacements then it adds more presure on to an already over worked Committee. Why have the club been unable to replace these people??
You cant however blame the Committee for the performances that we are currently having to watch. This blame must be aimed at the 1st team management. Having read in the local paper just the other week that the club had'nt got a budget left to bring in any more players, as this had gone on new signings for this season. I have to say that none of those that have joined the club are any better than we had last season. Our replacement for the departed Duane Wright is just not up to the task. We can all see this sitting in the stand, but can the management team??
Over the past 18 Months the following have walked away from the Club:- Chris Leys, Ben Garnham, Chris Wiliams, Mark Roper, Lee Smith, Simon Hyde, Josh Mayhew & Craig Payne. Mad

HUFC Supporter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:03 am

Why have the club been unable to replace these people??

Would you want to get involved with that Committee?????
I think we all know why the others left when they did. Embarassed

Adnams

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top