Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

who do you go see

+11
warhorse
emerald parker
MIW
Spenny
harvey
Evergreen
mike
welshwatcher
spongebob
Greenmanwalking
dwakeling
15 posters

Go down

who do you go see Empty who do you go see

Post  dwakeling Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 am

So most of us that write on here follow the local non league football but who do we all follow or watch the most?

for Instance

Wakeling = Haverhill Rovers

dwakeling
dwakeling

Back to top Go down

who do you go see Empty Re: who do you go see

Post  Greenmanwalking Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:29 am

greenmanwalking = Gorleston FC...........also watch Wroxham,Norwich United,GtYarmouth and Kirkley when GFC not playing.
Was home and away supporter religiously but got the call up to get involved internally in the club by the then president Jimmy Jones (RIP) as a committee member,"it will be fun you'll enjoy it" was his words to me.
My main duties now include minibus driver,reserves lino,emergency bartender,burger flipper and head referee berater from the confines of the canteen.
Come and see me and I'll treat ya to a brew.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:44 am

Saturday 19th we play Gorleston and Tuesday 22nd we play Haverhill. How weird is that?

Spongebob....Stanway Rovers

If no game for us then I'm likely to be found at Clacton, Brightlingsea, Brantham, Hadleigh, Wivenhoe, Halstead, Woodbridge, Whitton, Cornard, Ipswich Wanderers or Felixstowe.

No game on Saturday so likely to be at FC Clacton (Res) vs Stanway Rovers (Res)
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:10 am

As a general principle I watch The Seasiders on a Saturday afternoon, home and away, if they don't have a game I watch the reserves, I watch the juniors on a Saturday and Sunday morning and in my spare time I use social networkking sites to spread the gospel according to Saint Goldstar. 1970 -

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  mike Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Mike Walsham Le Willows. I will take in a game anywhere but mainly Needham Mildenhall Bury Thetford. Due to my location.

mike

Back to top Go down

Post  Evergreen Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:30 am

Dave follows Gorleston, home and usually away as I have the joy of making sure we get some coverage in the local press.
I'm the one with a box brownie in one hand, tweeting on a mobile in the other hand and writing notes with the other hand.....oh alien !
Come say hi
Evergreen
Evergreen

http://www.gorlestonfc.com

Back to top Go down

Post  harvey Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 am

I go to all Clacton's home game and some away. If not I'll go and take in a game at Wivenhoe, Stanway or Brighlingsea.

harvey

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:18 am

I think I'm fairly well known for being a Wisbech supporter. I'm currently Programme Editor, Fixtures Secretary and I live at the ground as well. Then, of course, there's my dreadfully one-sided goal videos...

Spenny

Back to top Go down

Post  MIW Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Mark Witham Town Tannoy Announcer and Match & Registrations Secretary for the Capital Football League. Eastern Counties groundhopper.

Watch Witham home and away but also go to Capital League games and groundhop round the Eastern Counties, love the Eastern Counties league since Bruce Badcock was Secretary and I was learning my role in the Youth League, he was a great help to me and is well respected in NL football, just wished Witham had chosen this league rather than the ESL when we were relegated to step.5, much respect. Been to most grounds in the EC, still to do (Eight) Swaffham, Mildenhall, Downham, Godmanchester, Fakenham, March, Debenham & Gorleston (although visited Gorleston FC & spoken to the groundsman during the day up at the ground)

This season's EC only been to three Norwich Utd U18s v Gorleston U18s, Cambridge Uni Press v Braintree Reserves, Gt Yarmouth v Witham (FA Cup)

Hope to do a few more EC once the weather gets better.

MIW

Back to top Go down

Post  emerald parker Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:55 am

From my user name you can all guess I am a Gorleston supporter. I am enjoying watching the greens as the football has been great the last few seasons and currently it is as good as I can remember having watched the greens for many years.

emerald parker

Back to top Go down

Post  warhorse Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:29 am

i dont follow any one team, the nearest ecl ground to me is Long Melford, i follow the fortunes of the local suffolk sides, as well as melford i have recently been to Stowmarket, Hadleigh, Walsham, Newmarket and Haverhill.
warhorse
warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  mr creosote Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 pm

Live in Haverhill, and watch them very occasionally although I haven't been there this season, but the team I really follow are Grays Athletic where I was heavily involved behind the scenes until moving to sunny Suffolk.

I've been to five games this season at five different levels: Ipswich (Championship); Braintree Town (Conference National); Chelmsford City (Conference South); AFC Sudbury (Isthmian 1N); and Hundon (Cambs Senior 1A).

If I have a free Saturday I like to visit somewhere different, although I usually end up in front of the telly or computer screen for a bit of R&R!
mr creosote
mr creosote

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:37 am

I've had a football management career spanning 33 yrs from 1979 (last 15 yrs in Nelsons County), the previous years in Essex. Other than the clubs that i have had the honour of managing, i generally follow all clubs in the Thurlow Nunn League as well as the Ryman League. I've actually watched over the past 2 yrs clubs such as Great Yarmouth, Norwich United, Kirkley & Pakefield, Stanway Rovers(when they've visit this neck of the woods) and local Anglian Combination side Acle United.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:34 am

Just got back from the Goldstar Ground where this evening my team beat (fairly easily ! ) the big boys from down the road in front of 1,050. Now if they came again to watch us on saturday & not the big boys perhaps we may be a lot higher in the league. Referee was good no bookings, not like the clown on saturday ! I am a season ticket holder & have been following the mighty seasiders since the age of about 10 & when I don't fancy the away games I will go for my annual match at Ipswich Wanderers or Stowmarket who are two of the friendliest clubs around here. I completed the 92 & the Isthmian, Eastern Counties League, Essex Senior league the SIL & The Border League 20 years ago. I am gradually trying to do all the new league grounds since I completed the 92 & have done 4 so far this season Arsenal, Hull City, Middlesbrough & Rotherham. This still leaves me 11 to do.

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Brettisders Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Hadleigh home and away !

Brettisders

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: