Whither Stanway?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whither Stanway?

Post  homer on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 am

Any folk know why Steve Pitt got the boot at Stanway? Official line is ' internal reasons'. Where will he surface next? Will Stanway keep the players he took from elsewhere? With Colchester United, Braintree, Clacton and Wivenhoe all at the wrong end of their respective divisions locally it has only been Stanway and to a lesser extent Brightlingsea that have been doing ok recently in my neck of the woods.

homer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whither Stanway?

Post  sammy on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:45 am

Homer

I wonder if he was "relieved of his duties " because the goods were not being produced i.e had Mr Pitt been given a large budget he in turn promised he would have Stanway in the top four , seems this action was taken after their 2-2 draw against lowly FC Clacton who to their credit seem to have improved of late.
Looking at Clubs Mr Pitt has previouly managed those clubs had high wages bills with some of the best players in the area playing for them , but unfortunately if you look back on records of winning titles / cups those clubs never really achieved much under his leadership, did Stanway think they were going the same way

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers on Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:54 am

Stanways business, not yours

crackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:58 am

It's anybodys business on this forum......it's what it is here for,A place to chat about all things Eastern Counties Footy.
Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  homer on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:34 am

Answered my own question; according to Mr Pitt (speaking to the local Evening Gazette Crackers so in the public domain) he was called in and fired due to an issue over FA player contracts, he disputes the club's version of events however.

homer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:55 am

Very much the reply I got yesterday at the ground.......something to do with irregular contracts.
Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:28 am

In reply to to " Crackers " comment " Stanway's Business not your ", whilst I did post a comment ( which appear to be incorrect ), as others have commented once a story in made public to some degree it does become every one's business, possibly if the Committee or indeed the Chairman had issued a full statement straight away this would have overcome the " i / we wonder the reason why the Manager was relieved of his duties ", its a known fact in local football ( throughout the country ) that players talk to each from different clubs and so do spectator, a fact of life is this will never stop Rolling Eyes

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top