How much?????!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How much?????!!!!

Post  HECTOR on Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:29 pm

Ipswich Wanderers V Hadleigh in league cup, so where do officials get sent from? Ref from Brentwood, assts from Stanway and Braintree - combined bill just over £160 quid!!! Obviously no spare refs available in Suffolk last night!!! No wonder clubs are struggling for money affraid

HECTOR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How much?????!!!!

Post  welshwatcher on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm

While I agree with your point Hector, you have to consider yourself fortunate, because Hadleigh are in The Premier Division, you got list appointed ref rather than league appointed one. £160 is not unusual in the Premier, the club I follow have had at least ONE match this season when the cost has been that LOW

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:24 pm

In one of our pre-season games I believe that the cost was about £230 ! Beat that !!!!!!!!

dellwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Belsize Park on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:01 pm

I agree, and this year it seems to be getting worse.

I did hear that the Guy (sorry not good at names) at the FA who normally appoints to RPL is long term sick (we wish him well) and that the stand-in is the Guy who normally does the Conference, where they are used to 'distance no object' appointments and far better gates. - this may have a bearing.

However, I can't help thinking that in this day and age that getting 3 officials from the same area/locality especially to do midweek games should not a difficult proposition. Get a gate less than 60 and you can't cover the officials, lights, hospitality, programmes etc so each game is a loss.
Belsize Park

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gag on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:44 am

What about having to pay over £150 for officials when the match lasted only 26 minutes (fog abandoned). Full pay and expenses!

Gag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:20 am

Gag,did the spectators/fans get a "gate refund"?..........just a little joke!!!! funny or not?

crackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:24 am

Seems to me the guy @ the F.A needs to get a map or use one of the online maps to see the distances from Referee's homes to grounds, then he might realise that not only is it going to be expensive for Clubs but the time it takes the Officials to travel ( not just to the match but home again )
In "Hector's " case good job there were no hold ups on the A12 !!!! , could have been late kickoff

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gag on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:29 am

Crackers, whilst we were clarifying the rule the majority of the 200+ gate had left! The Ryman rules state all paying spectators are entitled to a full refund (voucher) if the game is abandoned before half-time. Having never, ever had a game abandoned before etc we had no vouchers readily available. So, we have decided that for the re-arranged game on Tuesday 8th November, admission will be FREE for all, not just those who were present.

Gag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers on Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:31 am

Gag,thats me put in my place.............all credit to you all at Leiston.

crackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How Much?????!!!!!

Post  outside left on Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:48 am

It is all so daft. We played 2 games at home in N.Cambs this season which make the point. The first against a team from near Ipswich. Where did the 3 Officials come from? - Ipswich! Then against a team from the East Cost; the Officials were from Gorleston and Norwich! In both cases a fortune could have been saved by arranging for them to travel with the away team (!?)

outside left

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:28 am

Whilst i agree with Outside Left, Officials travelling with the visiting team is not allowed, as i found out several years ago when we had the official on our coach for our match at March!!!!! Embarassed
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

How much?????!!!!!

Post  outside left on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:51 am

I was really only being silly. I was trying to point out the folly of sending officials these distances from the area of the opponents. I am not suggesting anything other than it is just daft.

outside left

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dwakeling on Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:47 am

can't remember if it was last year or the year before but we had one ref from Warwick and the linos from northampton cost of nearly £380
dwakeling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum