Managerial Casualty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Managerial Casualty

Post  Greenmanwalking on Mon May 06, 2013 3:44 am

Heard that Paul Tong was sacked from Kirkley & Pakefield yesterday,in the bar at Stanway of all places...any news or conformation from K&P would be good.

Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Managerial Casualty

Post  Backfour on Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 am

This has been confirmed from K & P on 'twitter'. More news to follow this week apparently. What would they have done to him if they had lost at Stanway!!! Shocked

Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Mon May 06, 2013 6:19 am

Backfour wrote:This has been confirmed from K & P on 'twitter'. More news to follow this week apparently. What would they have done to him if they had lost at Stanway!!! Shocked

Had to ask and after a little prompting finally got an answer. tongue

Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  The iceman on Tue May 07, 2013 4:04 am

I understand a well known and respected player is making the short journey from Crown Meadow to Walmer Rd

The iceman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eastone on Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Could that be Jamie Godbold I wonder!

eastone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Wed May 08, 2013 3:37 am

Don't be afraid to tell all,we are all friends on here Wink
Did hear Godders and Mark Potter who I don't get on very well with but is a bloody good coach.Let's hope it works out well for them but I do feel sorry for Tongy,he had a good mix of lads playing at the end with at least six from the youth system.

Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Thu May 09, 2013 2:35 am

Having noted the comments made on this subject, not having read Nick Garnham's article on the "Green-Un " website. Seems the Statement made why Paul Tong was " relieved of his duties " is a poor one, Two years in charge mid-table finish , reduced budget , playing Under 18's , what more do the Committee want , Yes granted as stated a higher finish next season , but surely with some one of Paul Tong's standing and having the "guts " to bring in Under 18's at Premier Football level is good not only for the Club but for the Players, Youth must be given a chance so must Managers, why not give Paul Tong another season at the helm and let him mould the young players into a squad that would match any team without having to pay "stupid " money out to high calibre players . Many weeks ago I was able to watch Hadleigh v Kirkley with Kirkley winning against a team with players on high wages & yes with experience , but I think ( correctly ) that match saw at least 4 Under 18 Kirkley players in the squad . So what did Paul Tong do wrong that night with his team selection.

Some might question my article being a netural " football spectator " , but at times I do wonder how some Club Committee's think Shocked Shocked Shocked

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Thu May 09, 2013 3:43 am

As a neutral Sammy that is a great post.
I have know Paul for many years and i also believe he deserved another year at the very least.As a Gorleston supporter we went to Kirkley on Boxing Day and comfortably beat his side which included all his available senior players,but come Easter Monday in the return fixture he turns up with at least 7 youth team players,he was quote 'expecting the worse' but they duly held Gorleston to a 1-1 scoreline.
Tongy is and always will be highly regarded in my book as he is a genuine nice bloke and always makes time to say hello,be it at Emerald Park,the club he is managing at the time or any other ground where we collide.
As for Kirkley they only confirmed he was relieved of the first team managers post sacking after i had tweeted them for a response.It took them till today the 8th of May to post conformation on website.

Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 8:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top