Not a good sign

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Not a good sign

Post  yiddo on Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:01 am

Are today's poor attendances for division one a reflection on the standard of football being played, what has happened to the days when decent players wanted to play at this level? Or is it a case of players not wanting to train midweek and travel around east anglia on a Saturday, so as a result they stay in local football. I know of many players who play local football who would walk into several teams.
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Not a good sign

Post  spongebob on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:20 am

In a word......No.
It is a fact that attendances drop off in the run up to Christmas as some people have other priorities. It has happened in previous years and will no doubt happen again this year. Just thank your lucky stars that you don't follow a team in the Essex Senior League. Checked some of their attendances yesterday. London Apsa had an attendance of FOUR!! Now that's something to worry about!
spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MIW on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:13 pm

Also you need to factor in that there are more Reserves sides this season.

If the away team is a Reserve side they are not going to take any support away apart from parents and family as the supporters will be at the 1st team home game.

If the reserves side is at home they might get a few more, but the fans who tend to watch the reserves are the same fans who would go away with the  1st team, these sides are going to struggle. I went ground hopping to see Braintree away at Whitton Utd, Gt Yarmouth Tn last season they only had about five brothers, girlfriends dads that I knew.

The only time the gates will look better for Reserves is midweek, if the first team is not playing.

MIW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top