Haverhill Rovers boss Peter Betts looks to use video evidence to escape red card wrath

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haverhill Rovers boss Peter Betts looks to use video evidence to escape red card wrath

Post  chadders11 on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Published on Thursday 6 October 2011 16:07

Haverhill Rovers manger Peter Betts is hoping video evidence will prove the innocence of Stuart Wardley and help the club overturn the red card he received in the 4-3 defeat at Ely City on Tuesday (October 4) night.

Wardley was dismissed on 82 minutes for allegedly striking Ely’s Richard Chadwick after winning a header, but the incident, and indeed the whole match was being filmed by NonLeagueFootballTV.

Betts said: “I’m fortunate enough to be going to have a copy of a full 90 minutes DVD, which I’m going to watch with interest and which might get Stuart Wardley out of jail.

“Last night we warranted a draw and the referee played a major part in the game again, like Walsham, and it’s costing us big time because we have dropped six points against Ely and Walsham where we should have won six points.”
chadders11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haverhill Rovers boss Peter Betts looks to use video evidence to escape red card wrath

Post  Grassroots on Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Seems to me that Peter Betts is in denial. His team continue to drop points and looks like he needs to address how he manages the team. Good club, good committee and certanly Good players but clearly no leadership. Easy target blaming officials. Never rated the guy..

Grassroots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haverhill Rovers boss Peter Betts looks to use video evidence to escape red card wrath

Post  dwakeling on Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:42 am

he has a valid point for asking video evedence

against ely you can see the player run straight into Wardley for the past 4 games/5 there has been some very very shocking ref and lino decisions in the matches

Walsham [2 reds] both not sending off offences first one kingom chested the ball [ball print was still on his shirt ] was adjudged to handled it by the lino who had just given offside from a throw in ref gave him a straight red even thou he had been blinded by the incedent straight from the kick off Walshem player does a 2 footed tackle on one of the Haverhill players and the Haverhill player gets the straight red

ely game was an even worse ref worst i have seen for a long time and got everything wrong on the night prime example ely player handballs it [yes it was hand to ball not ball to hand] and the ref says " it only hit his arm so can't give a penalty ? sorry but if it hits his arm isn't it a handball incedent? you can see on youtube the highlights

Clacton once again had a lino gave offside from a throw in our chairman got done for misconduct after the game for and i quote " can i ask a civil question how do you get offside from a throw ?" for that he is now being reported to the f.a. Smile even the clacton fans was calling the lino and ref a joke

it just seems this season most of the refs in verious games are just not up to this standard

dwakeling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:35 am

Seems to me of late, that some of the matches I have watched this season and for that matter last season, the easy option for a Referee if he / she makes an error and a player queries it ( without swearing ) is to show the player a "card ", fair enough if the Referee was sworn at by the player, tough luck on the player, seems now the Assistants are joining in on the act as reported on here.

Unfortunately football has to have a Referee & Assistants, but I think its the height of rudenest , if a Referee cannot give an answer to a question posed by a player providing the player has asked in a polite manner, unfortuately some Officials as above their station, and take an " i am in charge attitude " and will not reply
But thats Football , will it ever change, I doubt it as the F.A always seem to side with the Officials, although I have noted that there are a few Officials who had progressed up the Leagues are now down to Ridgeons One Level

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  homer on Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:41 pm

I was at Clacton v Haverhill, yes, a Haverhill player was given offside direct from a throw in. The ref and that lino were very poor (not sour grapes as Clacton won). The other lino was spot on and clearly embarrassed by some of his colleagues decisions.

homer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob on Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 am

homer wrote:I was at Clacton v Haverhill, yes, a Haverhill player was given offside direct from a throw in. The ref and that lino were very poor (not sour grapes as Clacton won). The other lino was spot on and clearly embarrassed by some of his colleagues decisions.
Most of us will not be surprised to know that the referee was Steve Artis.

Say no more.
spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:14 am

Steve Artis, well i never. I thought that he had been banished to The Football League. Is he back in the Ridgeons League regularly?
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:22 am

Well Well !!! there is a surprise, Mr Artis was poor years ago, saw him at a match ( can't remember which one ) but he was poor in that match. But aagain without people like him doing the task would we have Football, don't think it would do Mr Artis any harm in having a bit of a refresher course in " man management " so as when players & managers talk to him he has the decency to reply and in a correct manner , after all we are all human beings !!!!

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:35 am

Mr Artis was in the middle in our Vase game at Gt Yarmouth, no bookings, hardly any fouls, he wouldn't have had to even use his whistle !! a quiet day if it wasn't for our five goals (and about another dozen good chances) he wouldn't have had to use his whistle !!!

dellwood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 am

It's very easy to be critical of referee's, I've certainly had my say down the years. I would concur with Dellwood, Steve Artis who has NEVER been top of my Christmas card list had an excellent game when The Seasiders played Yarmouth in the Vase and I couldn't fault him, hardly noticed him which must be a good sign. The team I followed won 5-0 not gloating!

Last Saturday the team I follow played at Newmarket and lost 4-1, the referee was Paul Forrester from Luton (Remember him) He was BRILLIANT as good a referee as I have ever seen at this level, completely in control of the game answered players as though they were adults, which is unusual in itself and was excellent with his decision making. No Sour grapes.

In midweek the team I follow played AFC Sudbury in the SPC we lost 5-2 and the referee changed the course of the game when the side I follow were leading 2-0 three minutes into time added on at the end of the first half, referee awards a penalty to AFC because a defender apparently deliberately mis- kicked the ball against his arm instead of trying to clear it away from a corner, rank bad decision, changed the game. Referee was poor, I know the ref, I like the ref and the side I follow may have lost anyway, but no doubt his decision had a major effect on the outcome.

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob on Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:26 am

welshwatcher wrote:It's very easy to be critical of referee's, I've certainly had my say down the years. I would concur with Dellwood, Steve Artis who has NEVER been top of my Christmas card list had an excellent game when The Seasiders played Yarmouth in the Vase and I couldn't fault him, hardly noticed him which must be a good sign. The team I followed won 5-0 not gloating!

Last Saturday the team I follow played at Newmarket and lost 4-1, the referee was Paul Forrester from Luton (Remember him) He was BRILLIANT as good a referee as I have ever seen at this level, completely in control of the game answered players as though they were adults, which is unusual in itself and was excellent with his decision making. No Sour grapes.

In midweek the team I follow played AFC Sudbury in the SPC we lost 5-2 and the referee changed the course of the game when the side I follow were leading 2-0 three minutes into time added on at the end of the first half, referee awards a penalty to AFC because a defender apparently deliberately mis- kicked the ball against his arm instead of trying to clear it away from a corner, rank bad decision, changed the game. Referee was poor, I know the ref, I like the ref and the side I follow may have lost anyway, but no doubt his decision had a major effect on the outcome.

Oh come on you tease....name names!!
spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers on Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 pm

what hope have we got if the FA consider this referee capable of officiating at his current level?

crackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grassroots on Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Back to the subject of the posting. At this level of football we have to take the decisions of the referee/officials. They are people after all just like you and I and trying to do there best. It will be Interesting to see If the video evidence Peter Betts the Haverhill manager has submitted bears fruit and his player is reprieved. If not, then perhaps an easy target in that game to blame officials for a defeat.... I notice that Haverhill have had 5 league defeats on the bounce now and from what I am seeing on postings its been down to poor officilas each time. Another defeat again yesterday. Anyone see the game or was it down to poor officials yet again.... or perhaps just perhaps 5 defeats on the bounce meants the manager needs to review other areas to stop the decline in form.

Grassroots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 am

Maybe, just maybe the latest defeat was down to the quality of the opposition!!
Backfour

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grassroots on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:37 am

In that case being beaten by a better side on the day is fair enough. Just it seems that too many times poor officials get the blame for a drop in performance by the team. An easy target. After so many defeats Haverhill probably came up against simply a very good Brantham side who are doing very well. Point well made 'Backfour'

Grassroots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dwakeling on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:35 am

Yes yesterday we was beaten by the better side we just never showed any passion and didn't get out of the starting blocks

i will always hold my hand up when we are beaten by a better side that want the 3 points more than us and Saturday was no exacption

dwakeling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grassroots on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:24 am

Went along to the Haverhill game last night in the Cambs Invitation Cup. Just to see what the fuss was about referees giving Haverhill a bad time. What I saw was a good Haverhill side playing some lovely football. The referee and linesman both seemed to be actually favouring Haverhill for decisions and a free kick just outside the area plus a penalty both awarded for minor offences. Both resulting in goals as Haverhill went 2-0 up at half time. Second half the officilals seemed to be doing ok and in fact a severe drop in form by Haverhill as the Godmanchester side came back into the game scored one and nearly equalised. The management team for Haverhill did not seem to know what to do. The match ended 2-1. I then heard Godmanchester rsted 7 players for last night as they have a Vase game Friday night... so back to the point. Is the refereeing the issue with Haverhill slump or is there another issue with the team.

Grassroots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:22 pm

I assume that the disciplinary case into this event has been held.
Can anybody shed any light on whether the appeal was successful or not??

Just as an aside, we appealed a straight red card with the Essex FA from a match last season, refereed by a member of this forum. We supplied video evidence CLEARLY showing that the player got the ball and never touched the opponent, AND took frame by frame stills from the video and supplied them to the FA, just in case they had no technology to slow down the video.

Result? A three match ban for the player who did NOTHING wrong and the forfeiture of £100 appeal fee!
Moral of the story? Supply still photographs showing that the referee got it wrong, supply video evidence showing that the referee got it wrong and STILL the FA back the official!

Worst of all from my point of view was despite having video evidence available IMMEDIATELY after the match, said referee refused to even look at it. All it needed was for him to admit to the FA that he made a mistake and the player involved would have been able to continue playing. It would have made no difference to the result on the day, but if he had admitted his mistake he would have received a lot more street cred from everybody involved at FCC.

Oh yes.......I nearly forgot.

The Essex County FA, despite ALL the evidence to the contrary, still banned the player for 3 matches and then asked if they could use the DVD for referee training!!!???
spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top