Managerial casualty

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Managerial casualty

Post  yiddo on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:32 pm

Ipswich Wanderers have parted company with 1st team manager Steve Buckle, Who will be the next casualty?
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Taken from Wanderers web site

Post  yiddo on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Managerial changes at Wanderers
Comments (0) Share 0 Tweet 0
Wanderers have tonight parted company with manager Steve Buckle and assistant manager Paul Grainger after the clubs poor start to the season.

Wanderers have managed just four points from their opening seven league matches and sit second from bottom in the Ridgeons League Division One table. The club have also been knocked out of all the major cup competitions following Friday’s 4-1 defeat in the Suffolk Senior Cup against local rivals Whitton United.

Buckle leaves the club after nearly four years as manager, while Grainger departs after two years as his assistant.

Club chairman Terry Fenwick said: “It is with great sadness that Steve and Paul have been released from the club. We’d like to thank them for their efforts during their time at the Doucy, but we feel the time is right to make changes to try and help the club go forward.”

No replacements have yet been made, with reserve team managers Angelo Hodge and James Leach taking over temporarily. The duo will take charge when Wanderers host Cambridge University Press on Saturday.

yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Is this the worst kept secret???

Post  yiddo on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:17 pm

Had a conversation the other day with a Ridgeons reserve manager who said that Aren Howell had approached him about becoming assistant at a division 1 club, will he be appointed soon or is this a case of 2+2=5 ?????
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Managerial casualty

Post  yiddo on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:31 am

Even better still, the committee were interviewing Mr Howell before they'd even notified the soon to be departed managers. This is looking like the three amigos running the club and poor Mr chairman being a puppet, some things never change !!!!!
yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This is from behind the scenes

Post  yiddo on Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:59 am

yiddo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oldschool on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 pm

Don't know Aren Howell but i'm told he's managing something from a kids football team to a SIL 5 or 6 side. Can anyone fill in the blanks on someone tipped to be next in charge at IWFC?

oldschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:55 pm

oldschool wrote:Don't know Aren Howell but i'm told he's managing something from a kids football team to a SIL 5 or 6 side. Can anyone fill in the blanks on someone tipped to be next in charge at IWFC?

I can remember him playing down by the Seaside when Paul Adams was manager, he played left back and possibly scored more goals than any other left back in history. I know he is a nice guy who I have got on well with over 20 plus years, how he would get on in the rigours of Ridgeons Division One management is a question only time will tell should he be appointed. I think he may well have played in the same Seasiders team as the departing manager.

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  oldschool on Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks Welshwatcher. It would seem that the club have only had an informal discussion with someone, see the club website.
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/ipswichwanderers/news/chairman-denies-making-job-off-404277.html

All a bit strange but nothing suprises me in football these days. I suspect they are waiting for a respectful period whilst interviewing candidates before announcing his appointment.

oldschool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top