Reprieves?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reprieves?

Post  homer on Mon May 19, 2014 8:15 pm

With CRC leaving, Brightlingsea going up but Wroxham not coming down the Premier Division would be 2 short, assume reprieves for Diss and Wivenhoe?

homer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reprieves?

Post  spongebob on Mon May 19, 2014 9:31 pm

homer wrote:With CRC leaving, Brightlingsea going up but Wroxham not coming down the Premier Division would be 2 short, assume reprieves for Diss and Wivenhoe?
Yes, Homer. I think you are right, reprieves for both Wivenhoe and Diss. Five years in a row for Wiv!!

spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Wed May 21, 2014 4:26 am

League committee need to grow some and send three down,and if needed five come up to balance the numbers.
Its getting ridiculous now only a few months ago Diss got rid of the manager and entrusted a new man to 'keep them up'...he didn't, but it dont' matter to Diss as the spineless committee members will bend over backwards to keep them in the prem it seems.
This reprieve system is just unfair to the other teams in the league who have worked hard throughout the season to maintain premier status.
In my opinion send Diss and Wivenhoe down and let Haverhill Borough and Saffron Walden Town join the Premier Division or if they don't so wish to the next available teams.

Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Reprieves

Post  gorlestongreen on Wed May 21, 2014 8:05 am

I have to agree,it's the same old faces being saved,the league doesn't realise how stupid it looks at times,teams,players work hard all season,if you finish in bottom 3 then you are clearly the worst 3 teams in the division,so relegation should be enforced,if 4th or 5th don't come up them so be it,play the Premier Division with the numbers down for a season,but Wivenhoe and Diss both knew weeks ago they were safe,it didn't take einstein to work out the league committee would back down.

On Diss,they released a manager in October sitting in 7th place,never really got the truth out of that situation,Chris Tracey took over and Mike Derbyshire had the last 8 games,but couldn't stop the enevitable,On Wivenhoe,yes its their 5th reprieve which it really says it all,maybe as a club they should accept relegation and start again,it might do the club good.

But the issue isnt the clubs fault,its a committee that is now stagnant,having so many lower and higher leagues looking at them with a huge smile on their faces,grateful they dont run their leagues like the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division Question  Question  Question 

gorlestongreen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob on Sun May 25, 2014 3:56 am

GMW and Gorleston. Our stupid looking League and spineless Committee members are absolutely powerless to change what has happened. The FA decide on reprieves from above, which obviously has a knock on effect to Step 5 Leagues up and down the Country.
I think I'm right in saying that your Club voted in favour of the rule amendment at last year's AGM which only allows the TOP THREE ELIGIBLE clubs to be promoted from Division 1.
In this instance the TOP THREE ELIGIBLE Clubs HAVE BEEN PROMOTED.
If carrying out the member Club's wishes and mandate makes the Committee members "spineless" and our League look stupid then I wonder why we bother having a League at all.

Finally, I'm fairly certain that Diss and Wivenhoe did NOT know their fate weeks ago, as Brightlingsea were not assured of their promotion to the Ryman until the final day of the season. Einstein and the League Management Committee must have been working overtime that week.

spongebob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum