Thanks Ref

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thanks Ref

Post  Felixboy on Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:03 am

I was one of unfortunate ones at Cornard last night. Drove out there, on arrival it had clouded up and I was amazed how mild it was, compared with earlier. Both teams warming up on a good surface. Much to everyone's amazement the man in black called it off just before K.O. Both teams wanted to play, one of the players suggested that they just run around on the part of the pitch he didn't like to soften it up, but that fell on deaf ears. Where the players had been warming up it was clearly soft as it was cutting up a bit. Everybody there wanted to either play or watch a game of football, except the bloke that mattered. Why didn't common sense prevail? All he had to do was speak to the players and tell them of his concerns, then ask them to run and turn on the bit he didn't like, then after a few minutes we'd all have seen if it was perfectly playable. I walked on the pitch and couldn't believe he'd called it off. This is becoming a common occurrence these days, a couple of weeks ago at the FC Utd V Workington match, a local ref passed the pitch in the morning, Workington travelled down, everybody was happy to play, but the woman in the middle said no, this was after there had been no more rain.
We've all been to games when one team wants to play but the other doesn't, then the ref is left with no choice, but surely on occasions like last night, every effort should be made when both teams are happy to play.
I just hope for the good folk of Cornard the killjoy didn't claim his expenses, as the rest of us were out of pocket thanks to him and his total disregard for everyone that made the effort to get there.
I would just like to add that I don't usually slag off refs as I know they make less mistakes than the players, but last night left a sour taste in the mouth.
Thanks ref!!

Felixboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Crazy decision

Post  CentreForward on Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 pm

Sums up exactly how we all felt. There was a referee assessor there as well, wonder what his thoughts were.
CentreForward

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thanks Ref

Post  Felixboy on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:54 pm

Here we go again. Lowestoft Res V Felixstowe Res postponed by the ref although both teams happy with conditions. As we all know, when it's wet the bigger clubs are the first to call off their reserve matches, so we must assume that Lowestoft must have thought the pitch was ok. A total waste of time and money for all those involved, except the bloke who presumably still claimed his expenses.
It's time the leagues or the FA stepped in with a new rule. "When both teams are happy to play the ref must agree with their wishes", if it means signing some sort of disclaimer, then so be it. But this is happening far too often these days all over the Country.

Felixboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:32 am

Lowestoft called a referee in for a 10am inspection who passed the pitch as fit to play. Players arrived, match referee arrived and called it off, although the ground had apparently improved since the morning inspection!
I have no comment!

welshwatcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum