Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newmarket town fc

2 posters

Go down

Newmarket town fc Empty Newmarket town fc

Post  Blood Sat May 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Really looking forward to visiting Newmarket next season , as looking great what they have
done so far in changing pitch to 3g or is it 4g lose track of where we are up to Smile
Wondering if any other clubs ( i know about Haverhill borough fc also) also have tried and or
planning to go down this route?
I know going to astro can seriously increase your clubs revenue streams ( as can be used 24/7)
But what are peoples thoughts and do people prefer traditional pitches?

Blood

Back to top Go down

Newmarket town fc Empty Re: Newmarket town fc

Post  MIW Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 pm

When clubs started to do it I was concerned, but seeing how it has been done at AFC Sudbury & Harlow Town, fully in favour now. Spoke to players after Braintree Reserves fixtures away at AFC Sudbury Res last season, they loved it.

I am in the "Yes" camp for 3g pitches. Very Happy

Hadn't heard Haverhill Rovers & Borough & Newmarket Town are introducing them, but good to read. Anything that can keep games on and avoid fixture pile up's and is the quality of Harlow's & Sudbury's is a must now.

MIW

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:46 pm

At Haverhill their main pitch is remaining grass but their side pitch is going 3g.
This new 3g pitch will have new stands & dugouts & Haverhill Borough will use it with Rovers remaining on the grass one.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  MIW Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:00 am

Ok, thanks for that. Very Happy

MIW

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down