Haverhill Rovers

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Haverhill Rovers

Post  Blood on Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:17 pm

I see the Chairman Steve Brown has resigned,

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/haverhillroversfc/news/haverhill-rovers-press-release-455696.html

Any one know anymore?

Blood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Haverhill Rovers

Post  dwakeling on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:07 am

hi Blood

he has resigned to the sheer fact that the suffolk f.a decided that his misconduct was correct When we was at the Clacton game earlier this year there was a certain referee that some of you knowvery well in mr Artis

Well long story short he gave an offside from a throw in after the game as they was walking off the pitch Steve brown said to the ref can i ask a civil question how can you be off side from a throw Mr artis asked for his name and stave told him so he siad i am doing you for a misconduct charge steve said on what grounds ?

well it went to the hearing this week and mr artis has stated that mr brown was swearing and thretening him in the club house before the game funny thing was steve wasn't even in the hospitality lounge before the game he got to the ground just as the game was about to kick off

there was only 3 of us in the hospitallity before the game and we only spoke to the person behind the bar/tea place and the programe editor Clacton also send a letter to the f.a stipulating that he was not in the club house and only asked the ref the 1 question

so basicly you are in a no win situation the belive the refs no matter what is said or done

so Steve has been fined £100 and has told he can apeal to wembley head office but it will cost him £500 and if he wins the case they will drop it but he don't get any money back so he would have to spend £500 just to clear his name

dwakeling

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

Well i don't blame him.
Shame though.
That Mr Artis seems to be a law to himself!

Blood

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:37 am

For a long time Mr Artis ( Referee ) has been a law unto himself, along with one or two others. Problem with some Ref's is they like every thing their own way and will not see reason or have the"guts " to apologise if they get things wrong. In other words they are correct the whole time ( wonder if Mr Artis is like that at work or home ??? )

As for the Suffolk F.A , I personally find this some what " heavy handed " but suppose they are trying to set an example and Steve was an ideal canidate, yet the so called "County Officials " forget one thing people like Steve at every local football league club carry out their duties in running clubs with no finanical gain, and in some case probably costs them money
Suppose the next thing we will hear is the Suffolk County F.A bleating there is a shortage of people to run and administer local level football clubs, and who's fault will that be if the County make some unfavourable decisions

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SONATA on Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:22 am

My old user name BUFF has been taken so I am back under my very first user name SONATA, but just so that you all know who I am, I am Bill Flynn, Hall vice chairman.

We have an upcoming hearing at Suffolk FA having been charged by Mr Artis....will let you all know after it is over.

SONATA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:51 am

Sonata

Mr Artis seems hell bent on trying to ( and it seems ) succeeding reporting clubs, yet I guess if a Club or should I say Clubs give him low marks does the F.A do anything about it , NO !!!,
One would think that the County F.A 's would have a word with Mr Artis as he seems to be reporting Clubs other than those under the Suffolk F.A.

Whilst the Counties may well question his motives , they will keep matters relating to Referee's " in house " as they are frightened at the possiblities of losing Referee's,
The problem Clubs now have like Haverhill and yourselves is , if Mr Artis is appointed to one of your matches especially a " home " fixture The Committee have got to offer hospitality etc to him ( without being rude to his face ) as if not being the type of person he is he will more than likely report the Club.

As I said in my previous comment of this page, Referee's and more over the County F.A 's seem to forget people like you run and administer Football Clubs unpaid

Good Luck with your meeting ( but i doubt you will win as the County Officials do not like egg on their faces , I know from previous experiences

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers on Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:05 am

It makes me cringe when i see the person we are talking about is shown on the telly officiating at a much higher level than we are at.Win,lose we have all seen this person (not a man in my opinion) spoil our games.
Life can be a bitch sometimes.

crackers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  applefootball on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:04 am

Even though we are completely in the right and his report of events even shows there is no charge to answer it will be interesting to see what the FA do now with us after this Haverhill issue has come to light, surely at some point though they must work out that if every club is having a problem with one person then maybe it is not the clubs..........

applefootball

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thefriar on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 pm

Sammy, you mention offering hospitality to referees.
When Mr Artis was at the game at Mildenhall, he never even turned up for his hot aftermatch food.....RESPECT??!!

thefriar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Thefriar

Just about sums Mr Artis up !!!! ( too big for his own boots !!! ), that is really the height of ignorance on his half

sammy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking on Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:22 am

sammy wrote:Thefriar

Just about sums Mr Artis up !!!! ( too big for his own boots !!! ), that is really the height of ignorance on his half

Thats just being polite,i think he is to far up his own a**e.
Greenmanwalking

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  westy10 on Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:57 am

Shame for Haverhill, Browny is a top man and does a lot of hard work behind the scenes, and I hope he remains at the club in some capacity.

I for one always appreciated his critical assessment of my performances when I was playing at Rovers Very Happy

westy10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top