Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarmouth Forum

5 posters

Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Yarmouth Forum

Post  Greenmanwalking Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 am

Can now only be viewed by authorised members of Great Yarmouth Town Football Club only........that will be a barrel of laughs then most of them don't get on with each other.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Re: Yarmouth Forum

Post  Backfour Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 am

GMW... If, as you say, only 'members' of the club can register to discuss matters etc., then from what i've been led to believe, there wont be much activity on there!!!!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 am

I was a member of the forum but as of yesterday i was no longer able to read the post's. I have had to renew my account 3 times in recent months due to being deleted by the Phantom Account Deleter and have even watched more games at the wellesley this season than i have at Emerald Park(due to what i do at home games).
These people have short memories,it was only a couple of seasons ago in a local derby Boxing Day fixture that myself and my brother were asked if we could 'put the goals up for us' as nobody else was there to do it. We done this with the help of Brian and he rewarded us with a cup of tea,not a lot i know but he thanked us.....nobody else from the club did.
I pay my entry (even though i have a ridgeons pass),purchased golden goals,couple of quid on 'the card',teas,burgers and a pint or two after the game.
I have now come to the decision that i am obviously not wanted as a supporter of the club so i shall not bother to attend anymore matches even those involving Gorleston teams.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 am

Just heard that the Reserve manager and his assistant have been sacked..........and here is me thinking it was the first team with the shocking form!!
Can't work the reasoning in that one.

Last edited by Greenmanwalking on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:16 am

........and here's me thinking that with a brand new sponsor onboard that things could only get better. What's going on there then?????
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Believe me, things are going from bad to worse!!!!!!

Sarah

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:41 am

Was a good club run by good people,it now seems the good loyal people are no longer wanted....shame on those for destroying the club.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Reserve manager

Post  Nuts 10 Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:54 am

why the bloke refused mike to play some of his players at wisbech and that left the club to pay a big fine.

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 am

i think you will find the players refused to play for the first team,and i didn't blame them at the time they were shocking.
And don't belive everything you are told or heard.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Yarmouth

Post  Nuts 10 Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:09 am

Players play for the club! End off

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:46 am

That's a typical managers reply and it should be the case,but you can not force a player who has been totally overlooked for first team selection when the 'better players' are available to just come along and make the numbers up because the money has gone.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:49 am

Well, it looks like they haven't hung around with their replacement. According to their website they have appointed Bob Hepburn, former Bungay Town manager. A club that Mike Derbyshire (1st team manager) formerly managed, if i'm not mistaken.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Football

Post  Nuts 10 Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:08 am

I spent a whole season as a player travelling miles and only came off the bench half a dozen times!
Being part of a club is exactly that!

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:30 am

Playing for nothing,even no expenses?
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth Forum  Empty Playing

Post  Nuts 10 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:33 am

Yes and if the reserve manager encourages his player not to play for the first team or doesnt insist they do play then IMO they should be removed from the club! The success of any club should come before that of any individual!
You play for the name on the front of the shirt not on the back!

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Yarco1958 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 am

Perhaps if the reserve team squad had not been told by the new 1st team manager that they would never be good enough to play for the firsts, they might have offered their services. Doesn't matter now, they'll all be on their way to pastures new because I doubt any will want to play for this new guy. I wish them luck, at least they showed loyalty to their managers. They rest of the club is going downhill and the Under 15's who are doing rather well will no doubt be moving on en masse to another level? Can you blame them? A guy offers assistance to bail the club out and help pay off the debts, what does the club do ? Fill in the blanks as you wish.
One thing is for sure, it won't be spent on Health Foods for the Hospitality area !

Yarco1958

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:06 pm

You know very well that is how it should be,you also know that it ain't like that and that a percentage of players play for the money and nothing else.

Last edited by Greenmanwalking on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 pm

The one thing i have learnt while being at Gorleston is that it needs all members off the the committee to pull in the same direction,if this doesn't happen then their will be problems.
From what i have seen at yarmouth this season and last season is that their is to many ends of the rope to pull and they are going all directions.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:42 am

GMW, did you not mean CRC for the 1st X1 or Stowmarket Res for the Reserves. You must have had your mind on how you were going to prepare your burgers today!!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down