Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FA SUGGESTED STEP 5/6 REVIEW

+7
crackers
Spenny
Gag
bergh1
Backfour
sammy
welshwatcher
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FA SUGGESTED STEP 5/6 REVIEW - Page 2 Empty Re: FA SUGGESTED STEP 5/6 REVIEW

Post  Backfour Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:58 am

I see in todays issue of the NLP(Non League Paper) that the United Counties League have submitted a 79-page response document opposing the FA's Step 5 plans. The Chairman of the UCL says ''its about the distances the clubs will travel'' and ''if the plans get through then the indications are that many clubs would want to drop to Step 6...............''. It's obvious from reading other affected Leagues responses that TIME and TRAVEL are the biggest factors in this proposition and unless clubs can get some form of TARDIS, then this is a no brainer. Mad
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  outside left Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:04 am

My remark about normal thinking was just a jibe, but talking of normal folk Wisbech are keen to have large crowds. If you can get 1109 and 780 for 2 games against March, how many more for a Lynn game? Trouble is will either of those 2 clubs be at Step5? I entertasin doubts.

outside left

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Now that all the regional meetings concerning the FA's proposals are over and everybody has had time to digest the possible outcomes, does anybody have any views on whether the strength of feeling against the proposals means that they are now "dead in the water?" cheers
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:22 am

spongebob wrote:Now that all the regional meetings concerning the FA's proposals are over and everybody has had time to digest the possible outcomes, does anybody have any views on whether the strength of feeling against the proposals means that they are now "dead in the water?" cheers

I predict 'NO' riot.

I think the idea will initially be 'deferred' by the FA while they reconsider their options and I personally think it will be quietly shelved.
Too many people have put up completely sensible reasons for not going the way The FA suggest.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:01 am

We know that this part of the country has its obvious reasons for this proposition to be shelved. As reported the Sussex and UCL Leagues and one other have voiced their opposition, the STL Northern and Western Leagues are non commital and 8 Leagues supportive (previously reported). The FA's Step 5 Review Group meets on March 19 before producing a report on the feedback for the next meeting (wherever that is being held) on April 11 (last week's NLP). Personally, i would like to think that the people from the FA will consider seriously the implications that these changes will have on the future of many clubs up and down the country and come to right decision AND SHELVE IT!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 am

This coming Monday(19th) is when the FA Step 5 Review Group meet to analyse all the responses etc., from the Regional meetings that they have held. In their previous statements they say that their proposal is not a done deal, well we will see. OH TO BE A FLY ON THE WALL!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  crackers Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:55 am

has anyone heard what "pearls of wisdom" may have emerged from the FA strp 5 Review Meeting on Monday 19th?

crackers

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:46 am

You are about to become as wise as every step 5 club in the country which is not a lot more than they were on Sunday

THE FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

PRESS RELEASE

STEP 5/6 REVIEW

To: all Step 5/6 Leagues and County Football Associations

The Step 5/6 Review Group met at Wembley Stadium on Monday to consider the responses received from County FAs, Leagues, Clubs and others following the recent round of consultative meetings held around the Country.

The Review Group were appreciative of the contributions received to date.

The Review Group will be requesting further information and will meet again on 19 April with a view to finalising their report to the Leagues Committee. An additional meeting of the Leagues Committee will be held in early May to consider this Report.

ENDS

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:59 am

I bet that meeting didn't last long considering the implications it will have if adopted!!! From whom will they be requesting further information from if they have spoken to all Step 5 Leagues, etc, etc.?????
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2