Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any new Teams?

+2
spongebob
Blood
6 posters

Go down

Any new Teams? Empty Any new Teams?

Post  Blood Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Any news on teams wishing to join the Eastern Counties set up?
With Dereham probably promoted C.U.P dropping out & Wisbeach maybe moving sideways , this could leave both divisions very shy on numbers which is worrying as
Div 1 currently only has 17 teams & surly if it drops much lower then the FA might start to take a look at the situation.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Any new Teams? Empty Re: Any new Teams?

Post  spongebob Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:24 pm

Two new clubs have applied to join Division 1.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:31 am

That's good news, do you know who & weather they have a realistic chance?
Cheers.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 am

Do you think that Derham will go up ? My money is the best they will finish is second on goal difference !

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:03 am

Well i'm guessing they must be odds on favourites.
7 points ahead of Wisbeach with 7 games to go.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:19 am

dellwood wrote:Do you think that Derham will go up ? My money is the best they will finish is second on goal difference !

Dellwood you are probably correct about Dereham, unforunately as in the past they falter in the last matches, would be a very good season for them if they take the title, unsure though if they would want promotion due to travelling etc

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 am

It is my understanding that Dereham Town have notified the relevant authorities of their intention of going into Step 4 if they finish as Champions. By the way, i have read that the Ryman League can increase their Division 1 North and South divisions to 24 if they have the relevant applications!!! This could affect the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division possibly by losing another club. These increases have been sanctioned by the FA i understand.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  canary yellow Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:36 am

Division One currently has 18 teams, there are 4 applicants for next season. Reserve teams from Leiston and Needham and two from the NLS, Wisbech St Mary's and Haverhill Sports Association. Wisbech look unlikely to finish in the required top 5 position in the Cambs Kershaw league whilst HSA are currently 4th in the Border league with games in hand.

Dereham by virtue of winning the league and Wisbech on PPG will currently be promoted, with CUP resigning and the TN league staring that only teams finishing in the top three will be promoted that means no relegation from the Premier, this keeping the number of teams at twenty.

canary yellow

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am

canary yellow wrote:Division One currently has 18 teams, there are 4 applicants for next season. Reserve teams from Leiston and Needham and two from the NLS, Wisbech St Mary's and Haverhill Sports Association. Wisbech look unlikely to finish in the required top 5 position in the Cambs Kershaw league whilst HSA are currently 4th in the Border league with games in hand.

Dereham by virtue of winning the league and Wisbech on PPG will currently be promoted, with CUP resigning and the TN league staring that only teams finishing in the top three will be promoted that means no relegation from the Premier, this keeping the number of teams at twenty.
Wow, you seem very well educated on the state of affairs Canary!
I was under the impression that reserve teams from clubs at step 4 and higher were not allowed to play in the ECL (Unless they became Team whatever and had a ground sharing agreement with their "parent club"). On that basis thee will be only two applications, those from Wisbech St.Mary and HSA.
There will be 3 promoted from Div 1 (unless CUP finish in the top 3 when only 2 will go up) therefore three (or two) will be relegated, assuming that we get a relegated club from step 4 drop down to us. What muddies the waters even more is Brantham withdrawing their promotion application, so if they finish in the top 2, only 1 (max) will be promoted and it is by no means certain that Wisbech will be given the ok for a sideways move to the UCL.
Now that I've made that crystal clear, I can only advise everybody to wait until the FA Leagues Committee sits in May and dictates to us all where we will be playing next season. Until then anything else is pure speculation. confused confused confused
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  canary yellow Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:37 pm

I think having Braintree Reserves in the league this year has set a precedent for the ECL, don't the FA rules state that Res teams aren't allowed at Step 5(unless already there) but can play at step 6? From talking to people far more in the know than I, it is my understanding that Leiston Res will be allowed in as there is a two division gap between the first team and res but Needham won't as they are in Ryman North and should they get relegated they would be in the same league as their Res.

For promotion from the Prem this year it is a top 3 finish that is required. Realistically only Dereham and Wisbech can be considered. There are 3 extra promotion places this year between all the Ryman feeder leagues, these are decided by PPG, Wisbech currently hold third place in this "mini table". As you say I'm sure the FA will spring a surprise or two in early May but if I were a betting man I would say, Dereham and Wisbech up, Newmarket and Brightlingsea(assuming the ground is ok)promoted and no relegation(unless Wisbech/Dereham have a dramatic loss of form)from the prem. There will be no-one relegated from step 4 to the TN as either Redbridge or Ilford will go Essex Senior league. Div one will have 18 teams with HSA and Leiston Res as new teams.

canary yellow

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:51 am

With Leiston Reserves 11th out of 12 in the reserve section it look like Cornard will be auured of at least 6 points next season !

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm

"Do you think that Derham will go up ? My money is the best they will finish is second on goal difference !"

Yes i think they will win the league!

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down