Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stowmarket v newmarket

2 posters

Go down

stowmarket v newmarket Empty stowmarket v newmarket

Post  warhorse Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:52 am

with the weather getting a bit more spring like i decided to abandon Soccer Saturday and take in the above game.
Newmarket showed why they are flying high in the division, their experienced line-up was always going to be too much for a youthfull home side. The match report on the Stow web-site says 4-0 flattered the visitors, in my opinion as a neutral, Newmarket were well worth the win, they pretty much dominated from start to finish and could have won by a wider margin.
To their credit Stowmarket played with a lot of spirit, never stopped working and could have snatched a late goal. I was impressed with Cattermole and Sharp for the home side and the addition of 3/4 experienced players to the squad would i feel mean they would have a more successful 2013/14.
warhorse
warhorse

Back to top Go down

stowmarket v newmarket Empty Re: stowmarket v newmarket

Post  dellwood Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:47 am

Great minds....I took my annual trip to watch Stow, all the old faces seem to have gone,lets hope the new uns can get an improvement. As a neutral I was thinking & perhaps hoping that after the third goal went in if Newmarket kept playing the same way we could see double figures. In fact the second half was one of the poorest halfs I have seen this season & in fact the last goal probably woke me up ! I was in constant touch with what was happening at Godmanchester & one of my texts was to say that there has been a break in play after 89 mins as Stowmarket are doing a lap of honour because they have just got a corner ! Overall Stowmarket were very poor & will struggle a lot next season unless they get a lot of new players. Newmarket on the other hand will also need a few new players as the "experienced" players get older. Ex-seasider Paul Betson played well but had nothing to do & how old is Ricky Cornish ! I remember seeing him play 20 years ago & looked older then !

dellwood

Back to top Go down