Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The point of pre-season friendlies?

3 posters

Go down

The point of pre-season friendlies? Empty The point of pre-season friendlies?

Post  Nonleaguer Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 pm

Is it me or is the point of pre-season friendlies changed in the last year or two? All i see on Twitter and forums is "yes, we won again" and the like. Whatever happened to looking at and praising young talent coming through, trying different formations and players in different positions and generally getting your squad ready for when the results do count. Dont get me wrong, winning is a great habit to get into but surely putting so much emphasis on winning at this point of pre-season is completly missing the whole point of what the preperation is all about?

Nonleaguer

Back to top Go down

The point of pre-season friendlies? Empty Re: The point of pre-season friendlies?

Post  spongebob Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:32 am

Couldn't agree more. Pre season is exactly that.....pre season. Results at this stage are irrelevant and it's all about getting game time under your belt and the manager looking to see if anyone from the ressies or 18s can step up in the coming season. What I agree results are irrelevant, they do show where a team is in its preparation for the season, although of course nobody can predict what sort of team your opposition will put out. Last week Hadleigh tonked Wroxham 5-1 This week Wroxham stuffed Felixstowe 4-0. Does that mean Hadleigh will slaughter Felixstowe by 8 or 9? Unlikely.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

The point of pre-season friendlies? Empty Re: The point of pre-season friendlies?

Post  dwakeling Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:44 pm

we never take any notice of pre-season we have played 4 so far and have used a complete array of players

we have lost 5-0 5-0 6-1 And 4-0 but in all the games we are subbing all the time just to get players fit and ready for the new season
dwakeling
dwakeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down