Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ipswich Wanderers manager

3 posters

Go down

New Ipswich Wanderers manager Empty New Ipswich Wanderers manager

Post  yiddo Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:29 am

Taken from Wanderers website

Ipswich Wanderers are pleased to announce Glenn Read as their new manager.

The former Woodbridge Town and Copplestonians manager, who most recently was Steve Jay’s assistant at Stowmarket Town, replaces Steve Buckle who was released from the job a fortnight ago.

The new Wanderers manager said: “I’m really pleased to be back managing again at Ridgeons Level. It will be a bit of a challenge but it is something I’m looking forward to.”

“The club has a fantastic pitch and facilities that are improving all the time.”

“I know that the club has plenty of good youngsters and a successful youth side, so I want to give them their chance in the side before I look at other players.”

Wanderers currently sit bottom of the Division One table after managing only four points from their opening 10 matches.

Club chairman Terry Fenwick said: “I am delighted to welcome Glenn to the club. We are looking forward to a new and successful era and hope to be moving back up the league table.”

Read will take charge of his first game in next weekend’s Ridgeons League Division One KO cup tie with his previous club Stowmarket Town, a game which will also see new Stowmarket manager Shane Austin make his debut in the dugout.
Have you seen these?
Wanderers announce Read as new manager
Wilnis at the Doucy
Ex-Town star helping out Wanderers
The View from the Rushemere End ........ Week 8
Wanderers search for new secretary
Comments (0)
Post A Comment

Login or Signup and start contributing in seconds!Member Log In Free Sign Up
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

New Ipswich Wanderers manager Empty Re: New Ipswich Wanderers manager

Post  welshwatcher Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:47 am

I think that is a great appointment, Bucks is a friend of mine and I was sad to see him go but Glen is a progressive young manager with plenty of good ideas.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  oldschool Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:32 am

I don't know too much about Glenn Read but i wish him well in what will be a difficult task for the rest of the season. One of his first tasks will be to help in the selection of new reserve team staff as I hear both Anjelo Hodge and James Leech have stepped down and left the club following their short spell overseeing the first team.

oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:35 am

I bet he doesn't know what he's taken on, who would put themselves in that position with no reserve team management and no secretary to say the least, good luck to him but I think he's got more chance of 6 numbers coming out this Saturday than taking the club forward when it;s being held back in more ways than one.
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down