Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yarmouth demise

+6
Greenmanwalking
welshwatcher
spongebob
Spenny
Backfour
bergh1
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yarmouth demise  Empty Yarmouth demise

Post  bergh1 Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:53 am

Are Yarmouth going the same way as some other teams who were in this league, it is a great shame if they do, as they have been a credit to the league over the years, and i do think the league, if they can, should step in and try and help out where they can, or is it too late.

bergh1

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth demise  Empty Re: Yarmouth demise

Post  Backfour Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:05 am

Possibly, a bit too late but i have to say that Steve Appleby's (Wisbech Manager) reaction to the problem for todays late call off has been superb and in the true spirit of the game and i for one applaud him for that.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 am

Just in case anyone hasn't seen Apps' statement, you can find it here.

Spenny

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:44 am

It's fairly obvious that everything in the garden is not rosy at The Wellesley. I for one, am extremely sad to see a Club with such great tradition and history as Great Yarmouth Town suffering to the extent that they obviously are.
What I can say, is that having been through a similar experience at Clacton a few years ago, the people who run the Club must never lose sight of the fact that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. They may not be able to see it yet. It may be just a small dot, but it is there. Have faith people, it WILL turn for you. Just keep doing the right things, be honest with the people who are trying to help and you will get through it.
There are too many good people at GYT to allow the Club to fade into obscurity, and I wish everybody connected with the Club all the best.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:05 am

spongebob wrote:It's fairly obvious that everything in the garden is not rosy at The Wellesley. I for one, am extremely sad to see a Club with such great tradition and history as Great Yarmouth Town suffering to the extent that they obviously are.
What I can say, is that having been through a similar experience at Clacton a few years ago, the people who run the Club must never lose sight of the fact that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. They may not be able to see it yet. It may be just a small dot, but it is there. Have faith people, it WILL turn for you. Just keep doing the right things, be honest with the people who are trying to help and you will get through it.
There are too many good people at GYT to allow the Club to fade into obscurity, and I wish everybody connected with the Club all the best.

Well said SB, I would imaginge virtually every club would be sympathetic to The Bloaters situation, ours certainly is. Unfortunately I doubt the league will look at it in the same light (I hope they do) and will probably slap them with a 'mandatory' £500 fine they are unable to pay which will probably tip them over the edge! If that happens, no-one wins.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:13 am

As a Gorleston supporter i could come on here and wish that GYTFC would fade into obscurity.....but alas i do have a heart and i sincerely wish they can turn the corner with there results(after Boxing Day) and sort out the other issues which are hampering them at this time.
As previous post states the league committee shows no mercy and will hit clubs with ridiculous fines which in turn will not help the cause.
There are issues at the club which if addressed correctly will help them in this crisis,but also some which will keep digging the hole.

Keep the faith Yarco's.......Webby Jnr
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:35 am

The way the Ridgeons Management Committee seems to work is yes Gt Yarmouth will more than likely get a fine for not fulfilling the fixture as Welshwatcher states it may tip them over the edge
If that happens at the Ridgeons A.G.M the League Committee will then be moaning the the League is down on numbers ( which we all know the First Division is)
remember Gt Yarmouth's position could happen to other clubs ( as it has done in the past ) so the Management Committee should get their act together and assist where ever possible Clubs in need rather than just discuss it at Committee and hit them with a fine

Some league fixture were postponed last Saturday and now need to be re-arranged so what would have happened if the Wisbech v Yarmouth fixture had been postponed due the water logged pitch.

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:49 am

Don't blame the Management Committee. It is us (the Clubs in the League) that vote for and approve all of the rules and regulations of the League. The Management Committee merely invoke the punishments that the member Clubs have put in place. They act as the watchdogs and punish where Clubs have infringed their own set of rules. You all know the only way to change the League rules, so please don't moan about them if your Club doesn't try to change them at the AGM.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:06 pm

SpongeBob
I do not support any particular club, but yes i agree the Management Committee are there to enforce the League Rules, but the point I was / am trying to make is over the past years the Management Committee have made it quite clear they wish for more teams to join the League , moreover the Ridgeons First Division to bring the numbers up to at least twenty, but ( altough it has not happened yet we are all summizing Yarmouth will get a fine ), but what signals does this send out to Clubs who may consider applying for promotion ( i.e if you put a foot wrong you are slapped with a fine )

As I said on my previous posting if the Wisbech v Gt Yarmouth match had fell victim to the weather the match would have to be re-arranged anyway.

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:52 am

Sammy, I'm not disagreeing with you. I am merely pointing out that the League (of which all Clubs are equal members) make the rules, the Management Committee merely carries out the wishes of the Clubs. Only the Clubs can change this situation by proposing new/amended rules at the AGM and only Clubs can change the personnel who sit on the Management Committee by proposing and seconding somebody at (strictly speaking, before) the AGM.

I don't like to see Clubs financially ruined by massive fines any more than you, or anyone else does, but those are the rules we all agreed to.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:11 am

I agree with you Spongebob, rules are rules and we have to abide by them but why couldn't the Reserves match (v Gorleston Res) been cancelled, which subsequently it was, and Reserve players (plus U18's) called up to fulfill the fixture at Wisbech?? No fines incurred. Sounds a simple answer but probably a bit more involved than that.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth demise  Empty yarmouth

Post  Nuts 10 Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Back four that is exactly what should have happened however I hear the reserve manager is annoyed at not getting the job and refused to play ball.

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:30 am

Nuts 10 wrote:Back four that is exactly what should have happened however I hear the reserve manager is annoyed at not getting the job and refused to play ball.
Really?? I thought the first team manager ran the playing side of things at Clubs. Can you imagine Alex Ferguson being told he cant call on any of the reserve team players at United!! I know which of the two team managers would be out on their arse!
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Yarmouth demise  Empty Yarmouth

Post  Nuts 10 Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:32 am

Pathetic that any reserve manager thinks hes bigger then the club.

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Post  exdragon Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:12 am

No one person should be bigger than any club, but it happens.

exdragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:52 am

Deserved more than the point they got on Boxing Day performance.....hope they get a few more of the true supporters returning.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:16 am

Hey GMW, whilst i was unable to get to the game on Monday, was Christy Finch carrying some form of injury? Seemed strange that here's a player who has scored several goals of late but was included on the subs bench. Comes on in the second half and scores the equaliser. If he wasn't injured, why didn't he start??
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:44 am

Backfour, if i knew the answer to your question i would of stopped scratching my head by now scratch i said to my brother why ain't we playing our strongest side and he replied with a shrug of the shoulders and a unpostable comment but like you said Christy should have started.
I don't criticise team selections as this ain't my style,but if i think the management team got it wrong i will tell them to their face as this is more respectful.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Good news for the club that they have been able to secure a much needed sponsor which hopefully will ease their present financial problems. This announcment was made last night on BBC Radio Norfolk's Local Report programme as well as their sport bulletins yesterday. An official announcement will be made on Monday or Tuesday regarding the people who will be behind the sponsorship. Lets hope that this will be a change in the club's fortunes going into the new year!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Might be a bit late for this season but i wish them well,and you never know in football someone once said 'it's a funny old game'
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 am

GMW, can you confirm if i'm right in thinking that there will only be one club relegated from the Premier Division this season? If this is correct, then Yarmouth may still have an outside chance (although remote) if they can produce performances like Saturdays which i watched. The latest league table shows them 8 points behind Newmarket Town with two games in hand. Mind you, there is one word which comes into the equation and that is CONSISTENCY
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:17 am

Sorry mate i don't get involved in the political side of football events anymore.....just flip the burgers!
Yarmouth defo got the chance as they have been rewarded with a 5 figure cash injection from a local businessman http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/greatyarmouthtown/news/great-yarmouth-town-fc-saved-b-477540.html so hope they spend wisely and compete again and get the points they need for survival.
Like you say consistency is the key,in my eyes unlucky not to get all the points in Boxing Day game,then watched them get hammered New Years Eve and then play well enough for a point at Kirkley on the Monday.

Last edited by Greenmanwalking on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldn't get the link to work)
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

Isn't this is the 3 down, two up season? To reduce the Premier Division to 20 teams. Only two will be relegated if either Wroxham or Wisbech are promoted, of course.

Spenny

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:57 am

Spenny wrote:Isn't this is the 3 down, two up season? To reduce the Premier Division to 20 teams. Only two will be relegated if either Wroxham or Wisbech are promoted, of course.

That how I understood it Spen, there is also an article published by the FA in January 1st that I placed on my clubs website regarding the future of Step 5/6.
Makes an interesting read for anyone interested of course.

http://www.felixstowefootball.co.uk/

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Spenny Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:16 am

I'm going to the meeting on Sunday at Aveley. Anyone else going?

Spenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next