Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS THIS THE BEST YET!

4 posters

Go down

IS THIS THE BEST YET! Empty IS THIS THE BEST YET!

Post  welshwatcher Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:31 pm

If you worry about the FA's ability to do things right for level 5 clubs, here's a nice bit of assurance (NOT)

Seasiders programme yesterday
Referee Linton, Cambridge
Assistant Referee: Clacton on Sea
Assistant Referee: East Tilbury

I can only assume the man at the FA responsible for appointing officials doesn't class geography as his strong point!
Sadly geography is probably the most required subject you would need to have, quickly followed by Maths so he can work out how much it has cost the club.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

IS THIS THE BEST YET! Empty Re: IS THIS THE BEST YET!

Post  Gag Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:23 am

Id guess around £230 for the match officials

Gag

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:20 am

I didn't know that it wasn't the Ridgeons League responsibility for appointing officials to their games. How long has it been the FA's brief to appoint match officials? No wonder clubs get these rediculous appointments with the fees and expenses. Whatever happened to the days when they all travelled together? Happy days!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am

I think you are a whole £1 out GAG.

Being a contributory League the officials have been appointed by the FA for a few seasons now. Division One officials are still appointed by the League.
I think there are only a couple of Level five league that are Contributory Leagues, I don't think the Essex Senior or UCL are, which means their costs are much lower on average.

I don't think the club I follow care where the officials come from providing they travel together. You know it will be £105 plus travel which is fair enough!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

A week ago (on a visit to the mother-in-laws !) I watched Cray Valley v Lordswood in the Kent League. The ref was from Dartford (10 miles away) & both assistants were from Sidcup (less than 5 miles away) travel costs almost bugger all I would imagine. The Kent FA appoint the officials in this league as I was told this a season or two ago whilst watching another Kent League match but the standard varies from very good ( as at Cray Valley) to the absolute awful (young linesman at Faversham 2/3 years ago who watched the game and only sometimes got within 10 yards of being inline, didn't help that he had red hair and could be spotted a mile away !).

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:27 am

Thanks Welshwatcher for enlightening me to the appointment of officials etc., but i dread to think of the cost implications (for officials) should the new proposals get the go ahead!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum