Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

+5
welshwatcher
HUFC Supporter
yiddo
sammy
4-4-2
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  4-4-2 Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:55 pm

I think many manager's would like to know how its done ??? Mr Crawford's new name has to be Mr Magic having looked at there own web site i can see they have 48 1st team players listed and have played this season for the club, With new player's still coming to the club like luke ingram (bury town) stuart jopling sam banya and now word at the club is that Lee Mc Glone (leiston) is about to sign he was watching saturday ??? how can and how does he keep them all happy confused with so many first team player's were do they play it can not be in the ressies cause they are mid table , PLEASE TELL US YOUR SECERT WE NEED HELP lol!

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty Re: MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  sammy Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:18 am

4-4-2 as I have commented before on "player movements " item, appears to be a large first team squad @ Hadleigh although some have played for the Reserves & some are listed twice, one wonders what is going to happen to some players when all of the injured players are fit again, granted Hadleigh have this season had the misfortune to have so many players injured at any one time, but with this large squad it does give the management options which as proved in their recent turn of form with 4 wins.

Dare say other Ridgeons Teams would try to bluster their squads when a large number of players are injured,

sammy

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT

Post  4-4-2 Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Sammy we all know club's get player's that get hurt in the season, And that you have to bring player's in but i know at my club we use the ressies and youth player's to give them the chance to get first team football,If you dont how will you know if they are good enough ,also it helps team morale. Over the past few year's i feel that local football is becoming more of a business venture than a sport's one players playing for clubs for all the wrong reasons i.e money personal gain ,And it is just not in the top leagues as many SIL clubs pay players as well.We all want to win but at what cost if we are not careful these club's wont be around to give us football to watch or for players to play for.And we all know its the clubs that have to meet these demands or try to this could lead to the demise of local football as we know it . SO HOW DO YOU KEEP THEM ALL HAPPY ??????? Shocked

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:32 pm

Taken from Hadleigh web site, yet another one !!!!!

McGlone Joins Hadleigh Utd
Posted at 11/11/11 - 09:33 AM

Hadleigh Utd manager Stuart Crawford will today complete the signing of striker Lee McGlone from Ryman League Div One North side Leiston FC. McGlone join's Hadleigh on an initial three-month loan deal.

27yr old McGlone has an excellent goalscoring record throughout his career, spending most of his time with Leiston during three seperate spells and finishing the Ridgeons Premier League's top goalscorer in 2007 with 31 league goals. At the start of last season he transferred to Ryman Premier League side Lowestoft Town and performed well until work commitments made it difficult for him to continue and Leiston bought him back to help them win the Ridgeons League title.

McGlone trained with his new team mates for the first time last night and is currently recovering from a groin strain picked up two weeks ago. He is included in the squad to travel to Kirkley tomorrow but will not be risked if there is any doubts over his fitness.

Hadleigh manager Stuart Crawford is pleased to be able to sign such a quality striker adding " As soon as Lee became available i was on the case with Leiston and to be honest for a while it looked like it wouldn't happen but after negotiating the terms to fit into our budget we found a deal which suited everyone. Lee is experienced, has great quality and an excellent goalscoring record where ever he has been. He lives locally, which was a major factor for him, plus the fact he knows a few of our boys. I think he will settle in well and i'm sure he will enjoy himself with us. Sam Banya has had a knee problem since he joined us and isn't happy with it so he may need surgery, so signing another striker was vital. We now have Lee, Jops and Ben Deacon to compete which gives me options."

yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ???

Post  4-4-2 Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:04 am

I wish we had some of that magic dust they are using over at Hadleigh ?? or is it something ELSE that pot must be very deep.The gate's are not that big at the mill and are even down on last year if you look at Hadleigh's web-site makes you think or not confused confused ??? SO YET AGAIN HOW ARE THEY DOING IT ? COME ON LET US KNOW IF YOU DARE silent

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:39 am

Just goes to prove that money doesn't necessarily guarantee success
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:37 am

Another injury has it seems has forced the Hadleigh Manager into another signing, ( Sam Banya it seems has a knee injury which may need an op ), but is it a wise move to sign another player on who is already carrying an injury. As both "Yiddo & 4-4-2 " have hinted its doubtful if the new signing will come cheaply , but can money buy success , who knows , but cometh the seasons end all teams paying vast amounts may well see this as money down the drain, with only the players the ones to benefit
But as 4-4-2 stated even teams in the S.I.L top flight are paying money, where will it all end??, who knows , and what happens if the money drys up !!!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:06 pm

AMAZING!!!!! Yet another loan signing for the First Team & not a look at the Resereve or U18 players who play for the club?
It appears to me that if you are not a BIG name in the local football scene, then youre not good enough to come to play for the club.
Be interesting to see the Treasurers Balance sheet on player wages come the end of the season, after all we all know that certain players who have joined this season are only here for one thing. Could this be why the gates are down this season, as people like to see lads play who actually want to play for the club? Many now just pop in after the match as well & grab a bite to eat & are gone within 10 minutes.
What happens when the loan deals come to an end, will the players still be about who the loan players have replaced??
Finally, our U18's are having another good season, how many of them will stay around next season if they can see they have know chance of first team football?? pale

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT???

Post  4-4-2 Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Well H.U.F.C supporter it sounds like alot of you are not happy?? I 100% agree with you about the state of of playing youth and giving reserve players a chance if you dont how do you know if they are good enough.Like yiddo has said does money make things better or alot worse ??? .It just seems to me that every time hadleigh get a injury out you go and get two players,what about the ones who see this happern what must they think are they condemend to being reserve players with no future.This must have a down side on your club cause they will go and play elsewhere, its ok while your money lasts but if the banks carnt get it right im sure Hadleigh wont 4-4-2 sends best wishers to all the supporters of Hadleigh and hope for your sake the clubs plans work affraid

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 am

by yiddo on Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:39 pm

Just goes to prove that money doesn't necessarily guarantee success

Well it didnt today judging on what ive just seen on the Ridgeons site!!

Kirkley 5 HUFC 2 Embarassed

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:35 am

There is of course the flip side to the argument, if HUFC had 11 players in their reserves and youth team, good enough to play Ridgeons Premier Division football, the odds are that they wouldn't be playing for Hadleigh Reserves or Under 18's, but would probably have been snapped up by other Ridgeons clubs (and probably getting paid for playing)!

I noted that The Seasiders gave debuts today to two under 18's, who joined another who is already a regular in the side, which is very commendable but they were unable to prevent The Seasiders losing 4-2!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 pm

Youth is the way forward & i note having just been on the K & P website that Ryan Crisp who scored 4 goals for them yesterday is just 18 YEARS OF AGE!!!!
Trouble is at The Millfield now the club is running as 3 seperate sides & that has come from one of the Management. You would expect that a 1st team manager would be over to watch at least some of the U18 home fixtures, but not our Manager.
He was always one to chase the money when he was a player & now he thinks that he can do the same by bringing in big name players & trying to buy sucess.
Well i can tell you all that many of us would prefer it if we made a gradual progression up the Ridgeons Premier Division rather than trying to buy sucess, this is why many are now staying away & watching the likes of Needham & Sudbury on a Saturday afternoon, or even STOKE-BY-NAYLAND!!!!!. affraid

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 am

Basketball Its seems the "H.U.F.C " Supporter is unhappy with what is going on at the "Millfield ", with the First Team Management not using players from the Reserves or Under 18's to aid the First Team who have been beset by injuries. Having watched football in general for many years, I thought the idea of having a Reserves Team is to use players from this team when regular first team players are injured etc, Hadleigh now being a club fortunate ( like many Ridgeons teams ) to have an Under 18's side, the natural progression would be to play some of these players in the Reserves ( if they are short due to Reserve players being called upon for first team duties ), by doing this this then gives the " younger players " experience of playing at a higher team level.

Having noted from the "Green Un " website, not only have Hadleigh had injury woes, it appears Norwich Utd, Felixstowe & Walton & Woodbridge have been suffering injury problems as well, but it seems they have not turned to the transfer / loan market, but are giving youth a chance !!!

But not knowing the Hadleigh setup does the First Team Manager not have any faith in the Reserve or Under 18 players to do a job if required in the First Team unlike the above Clubs, if you don't play the player at a higher level you don't know their capabilities, and will the Under 18 players remain at the Club when they are too old for Under 18's, seems the above Clubs mentioned would probably sign their Under 18 players on

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  ohso Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:14 pm

Not only is the manager ignoring his own reserves and under 18's he has put a 7 day in for an under 18 player from another club. Kicking your own young lads in teeth or what

ohso

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 am

WELL, WELL, WELL, NOW WHY DOESNT THAT SURPRISE US ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE COMMITTEE ARE AS MUCH AT FAULT AS THE MANAGER TO ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. clown
WHAT A JOKE. Mad Wink

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:49 am

And the way to make a stand is to not turn up week in week out, hit them where they notice it and hopefully they'll listen, sounds as though Hadleigh and Ipswich Wanderers need rebuilding, starting with the committee, glad I got out when I did, LOL
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT?

Post  4-4-2 Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:40 am

Well come on ohso tell which club the 7 day has gone into ??? ,It makes me feel so sorry for clubs like Hadleigh and Ipswich Wanders and many more clubs like them i think the F.A's best saying is grass roots football what a joke ,if the fact was to get more young players playing why dont the league's not look harder at themselves what it is used for is to gain a higher charter standard for the club's which then means more ground inspections more money to the powers that be. But not getting away from my points how will players feel like ohso said "A KICK IN THE TEETH" When they are made mugs of by people just trying to strengthen their own portfolio,to say iv'e had this big name player here and this one all playing for me? DOES NOT THE CLUB COME FIRST and the people that pay hard earned cash they want to see players that want to be at that club and enjoy it Embarassed Crying or Very sad Not just as stepping stones for personal gain if the cap fits and all that Sad

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:23 am

While it is a noble gesture to bring players through the ranks that does not resolve the one main issue… Finance. Take players out of the equation it costs a huge amount of money to sustain level five football and to a slightly lesser extent level six. Any of you guys making a point or those just reading it who has been involved in the running of a club as a committee/board member you will all be aware of the costs.
The one thing that will bring people through the gate is SUCCESS, hence every manager tries to get the strongest possible side together with the finances available. The belief that an under 18 side deserve the chance to prove themselves at first team level is a quick fire way to get yourself relegated which would see a further diminishing of people paying at the gate.
As I mentioned the club I follow had three of the under 18’s in their side at some stage on Saturday and lost 4-2, one day those guys might well be good enough to hold a regular place down in the Ridgeons Premier, but with the exception of one, already doing that, not yet.
If the club that keeps coming up on here were to find a winning formula and sat top of the league at Christmas then I guarantee the crowds would reflect that in the New Year.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:49 am

Welshwatcher the point I was trying to make about Under 18's progressing through the "ranks " is not the " whole team playing for the first team, but players who may be capable of doing a job, ( possibly one or two at any time ) and at the same time gaining experience from " older players ". As you rightly state the team you follow has done this probably because of injuries.
If you don't give these younger players a chance where are they going to learn their trade at a higher level, playing at a hgher level will aid their confidence , also if the First Team Manager ( at any club ) who has a good knowlegde of Football together with good Coaching staff, this together could turn these players into quality players.
Whilst not all Under 18 players will make the grade to play at Ridgeons Premier or First Division level, they should all be given a chance to prove themselves
Remember one thing " today's young players even at the age of 9 are the players of the future and if they are not given a chance in a few years time clubs may struggle to find quality players "

sammy

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  4-4-2 Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:48 pm

AT WHAT COST DO YOU WANT SUCCESS ? and how do you measure success ;Lets be real and honest how many clubs win stuff each year well im sure you can work that out league winners and cups etc . Is it not in this day and age to finish the season in the black a great success, I dont think you can take players finance out of the equation as it is probley the biggest financial commitment clubs have at Ridgeons level , But that is their own doing are they trying to buy success ? or because of the way things are they have no choice , if they want to stay at this level it comes at a cost , and the so called big name players dont keep moving to different clubs cause they love the club they are going to ,i wonder what the reason is but again this is the clubs fault at what cost success. I know you can not play a whole youth team and would not want to as it would not be fare on them lads but how much does youth mean to clubs for success in the future.Is that not why clubs like Bury Town , Needham Market, have a great youth set-up looking to the future or are they wrong ??? But what is the point of having a youth set up if your first team management dont go and watch games or young players are not valued at clubs and the clubs just going out and buying players all the time is that the answer ??? At what cost success ,How much more of a success can it be to see young players coming through the youth set -up to be part of the first team to have a connection and to know the players that play for your teams but this wont happern with 50 man first team squads so at what cost is success, My old P.E teacher said its the takern part that is a success to get people playing and out there, not much chance with big squads little faith and no hope OF ANY SUCCESS ??? Mad

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 am

It's a tough one, I can see many different arguements both for and against. I was involved at Ipswich Wanderers for the last 2 seasons and we had a good youth policy and would use youth players both in the reserves and the 1st team which is more so the case this season as I understand. The problem being that if your 1st team is not one of the "big boys" in the wages department or successful on the pitch then these clubs come in and take the talent you have spent time, effort and resources in developing. Bring back the days of players being loyal to a club, mind you the so called role models in the professional game are certainly setting the wrong example.
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

I was at Hadleigh last night to watch the latest crop of kids. They have some outstanding potential within their ranks and IF they can keep these lads interested for a couple of years I would expect to see some of them progress to the first team.

All well and good you might say.

I also went to Hadleigh last season and saw them. They too had a few bright prospects in last season's squad. What has happened to them? Are they in the ressies for this term? Have they gone to other Clubs?

The future of ALL Clubs, not just Hadleigh, lies in their youth policy. That's great up to a point, and that point is having a first team manager with the foresight to recognise the youngsters who are already at his Club and groom them for the first team by introducing them into the ressies and then the occasional seat on the first team bench, then a few minutes here and there in the firsts, then a longer sustained spell around the first team to see if they can cut it or not.
You obviously won't get this if the manager continually goes outside for the more proven, older player (many of whom just chase the dollar).

I await the shooting down!
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:21 pm

I hear Stanway have added a bit of youth to their defence with a former double Seasider in their back four against Brantham in mid-week!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:42 am

welshwatcher wrote:I hear Stanway have added a bit of youth to their defence with a former double Seasider in their back four against Brantham in mid-week!
He's been signed for ages but only now available to play.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:43 am

Spongebob,
Two questions for you.
Did you see the HUFC First Team Management at the match?

Did you get chance to try the Chips? Wink

Adnams

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum