Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haverhill Borough

5 posters

Go down

Haverhill Borough Empty Re: Haverhill Borough

Post  dwakeling Fri May 31, 2013 10:55 pm

yes they was h,s,a the team that knocked out dearham norwich and ipswich wanderers out of the vase last season

they will ground share with Haverhill Rovers can;t wait to see come mid winter when there are so many games on the pitch how many will be called off becuase of the pitch
dwakeling
dwakeling

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:19 am

Yes i think they may have the same problem as Team's Bury & Braintree or whatever format they are called this season.
As that the more senior club will call the shots on who plays when the bad weather arrives.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:57 am

Did they not have priority over Haverhill Rovers last season...thought that was why the reserves pulled out.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:39 am

I for one agree with the comments regarding the pitch, have been there a couple of times after heavy rain which has then seen following matches postponed . Still with this agreement its no different if Haverhill Rovers were still running a Reserve Side

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:29 am

Be intresting how this all pans out as to my knowledge they are a seperate club (Unlike the Team this and that).
What i mean is that they must have someone backing them as surly the rovers will have the pitch sponsers , bar takings etc.
So where are they going to get running costs eg refs , floodlights, fines , kits etc?
Or will we see the 2 clubs exchange players & therefore become more of a res side.
(I know they started as the res side but broke away).
And if this is the case then will both teams be allowed in the vase/fa cup.
Think i've just opened a large can of worms , but the league is crying out for teams & so good luck to them.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  dwakeling Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:38 pm

blood re your post

the Rovers will have a reserve side next season reason they pulled out last season was lack of players turning up and no manager wanting to take the roll sometimes there was 6 players turning up club couln;t afford to keep posponing games due to lack of players so thought best to pull out and restart

Haverhill Boruogh do have someone backing them aswell both teams actually hire the pitch facillities of the Haverhill community as it is the council that own the ground the players can't exchange teams unlike last season that some of them had duel registration being in 2 completly different leagues

As for the fa and vase just like last season they can't play for both clubs in them they are both completly different clubs it is just like A.c Milan Inter milan just sharing the same ground
dwakeling
dwakeling

Back to top Go down

Post  mr creosote Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Never thought I would hear Haverhill compared with Milan! Perhaps the town twinning committee should get on it and arrange a friendly.
mr creosote
mr creosote

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes the Good folk of Haverhill will really be spoilt for choice this season! Very Happy

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down