Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

+5
welshwatcher
HUFC Supporter
yiddo
sammy
4-4-2
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? - Page 2 Empty Re: MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  sammy Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:32 am

Spongebob
I could not agree more with your comments.
Over the many years I have watched Eastern Counties Football League ( even back in the days when "Jewson's " were the league Sponsors ). I have seen Clubs sign many players as you put it " chasing the dollar ", but in English money if another Club offer a Fiver a game more these players would leave the Clubs ( so much for Clubmen !! ) but it appears this is still rift with some Ridgeons league Clubs paying " silly " money to players , as I have said before some of these players could not care if the team they are playing for won. drew or lost, as you will probably find this calibre of player gets paid the same amount each game ( so only there for the dosh !! )

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:23 am

I agree with you wholeheartedly Spongebob. It's my experience, over many years, that you have to make a commitment to your good U/18's by putting them in the Reserve team from the start of that particular season. The man who is essential to this commitment is the Reserve team manager because he has to take onboard that winning every game is not essential (although it helps). His role is one of DEVELOPMENT. If he cant, then he's no good in this role. He will then put the younger players to one side, bring in older players to feed his ego. The players will continue to play in the U/18's but drift away to other local clubs to play their Saturday 'footie' or pick up local Saturday jobs to supplement their nights out, so you lose any benefit that these players could bring to the club.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? - Page 2 Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  4-4-2 Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:59 am

So much wisdom in the commants that football people are saying . Its a shame that people who make all the right noisers and try and talk the talk at clubs really can not be botherd with youth . I know a club not to far away from a river that there first team manager has not watched one youth game this year but he wants to watch out cause clubs like needham are watching these boys and are ready to pounce affraid snooze and you loose Sleep so with all the best will the reserve manager can do his job and the youth manager but if the first team manager is so far up his own A--E and just wants to flash the cash YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TRUST ME scratch

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Adnams wrote:Spongebob,
Two questions for you.
Did you see the HUFC First Team Management at the match?

Did you get chance to try the Chips? Wink
No to question 1, neither of the management team were spotted by me.

Tempted for question 2 but had eaten a pub meal in Ipswich just beforehand.
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:56 pm

I did'nt see them down there either, i also didnt get the chance to try the chips as they had'nt got any.
Not very good organisation really, especially when they had'nt hosted a game since Saturday 5th November!!!!!!!!! Embarassed

Adnams

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 pm

I think i have worked out how MAGIC does it, having spoken to a couple of people about last Saturdays line up. He looks well ahead & realising that he has new signing MCCLONE available shortly to partner DEACON up front, rather than drop one of his big name signings (JOPLING) he axes two of his lesser name signings (FRENCH & ROSE).
He then puts JOPLING center half along with DONNELLY, that way he does'nt have to leave his big name signing out.
The trouble is with JOPLING in defence they conceded 5 last Saturday, so will he recall FRENCH & ROSE for this Saturday?
Having won 4 out of the last 5 games he might have been better sticking with the side that had done so well over that period & put the 1 defeat down to a bad day at the office!
Be very interesting to see what the line up is for ELY CITY.
CRAWFORD & JOPLING at centre half???? confused

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? - Page 2 Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ?

Post  4-4-2 Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:11 am

Well are you trying to tell us something H.U.F.C , Is it a case he has got to play big name players ??? Or he dare not drop them as they are so called big names ??? and just drops club man and young players noted what you said above , if so its very sad that may be the reason why so many good players have left then ? but they have all gone to other clubs in the prem to play against you strange . But there must be some reason why new players are coming to the mill and jumping right into the team and not getting dropped . Maybe thats why mel at fram put on twitter today Frenchy for Fram perhaps he knows something , I thought you only just signed him ? Shocked HOW DOES HE DO IT Laughing

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 pm

4-4-2,
I think its a case of being affraid to drop his big name signings rather than having to play them!
Yes we have lost many loyal players over the past year, Craig Payne, Ben Garnham are just two of them & now we hear Luke Read is now on his way!
Not heard about French, but wouldnt be surprised after hearing of his axing last weekend.
Any way off to watch Brantham this PM, where is everyone else off too?

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:58 am

HUFC Supporter
I see "Magic " did drop one of his " big " signings ( Jopling ) on Saturday according to the squad as posted on their website, but brought him on with only one minute of normal time left on the clock, obliously looking for a late winner, but I see from report both Deacon & McGlone were unlucky not to score, but good goalkeeping saved Ely.
Did note however Shaun French has been dropped for some reason ???

Must have been a tight match @ Brantham, thought they would have beaten Norwich Utd, but there nothing is certain in football !!!!!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  HUFC Supporter Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:33 am

Sammy,
I would think the club would be happy with a 1-1 draw at Ely City last weekend, especially after the past couple of results.
As for the Brantham match, i didnt think there was much between the two teams on the day. Norwich Utd didnt give much away in defence, although Josh Mayhew took his goal well.

HUFC Supporter

Back to top Go down

Post  yiddo Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 am

Josh Mayhew looked to be the class player, he was always a constant threat but didn,t get a lot of service
yiddo
yiddo

Back to top Go down

MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ? - Page 2 Empty MAGIC STU HOW DOES HE DO IT ????

Post  4-4-2 Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:59 am

Seems like they could have done with josh last night, I spoke to him and he left Hadleigh for the lack of another £10 i bet they wish they had payed it now , wonder what the so called big names are on ??? Look forward to next week when Mayhew plays them , but i reakon you could say that about many teams this year that have picked up Hadleigh players, And funney that they are all playing in teams higher in the league than HADLEIGH o dear bit of a hic-up there then Sad

4-4-2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum