Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thurlow Nunn League

+2
sammy
Adnams
6 posters

Go down

Thurlow Nunn League Empty Thurlow Nunn League

Post  Adnams Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 am

Are Hadleigh United to be the Manchester City of the newly formed Thurlow Nunn League?
I hear today that they have offered Reece Barber (Ex Needham Mkt Capt) stupid money to sign for them next season.
He's in the squad for their friendly at Ipswich Wanderers tomorrow!!!
This follows the signing of Leiston duo Calver & Goldfinch, who apparently turned down AFC Sudbury to join the Brettsiders.

Adnams

Back to top Go down

Thurlow Nunn League Empty Re: Thurlow Nunn League

Post  sammy Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Adnams

I have heard on the "grape vine " that the budget for this coming season was remaining about the same as last season, wonder if they have had a "cash injection " of some description, or are they trying to buy promotion, be interesting come come May 2013 to see where they finish, hopefully not like some clubs in the past ( the road to ruin if the money dries up )

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Adnams Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 am

A Budget of 23k!!!
Well thats going to be stretched to the limit with the signings of Mark Goldfinch, Neil calver, Scott Chaplin,Shane Wardley & possible signing of Reece Barber. Oh & we musnt forget Coach Ian Brown, now that must come in to the Budget as well??
A good win yesterday 6 - 1 at Ipswich Wanderers & i hear old man Crawford was dancing in the High Street last night celebrating having already won the League? Very Happy
Still no news on a Reserve Manager & i hear that no one has applied, so they are now calling certain individuals to see if they will take the job on? Paul Grainger is one name that i hear is in the frame, with others having alreay turned down the offer.

Adnams

Back to top Go down

Post  RASPUTIN Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:03 am

You definitely hear wrong re Paul grainger !!! no contact whatsoever, unlikely to be any and wudnt be any point anyway!!!

RASPUTIN

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:52 pm

I heard they had already appointed a guy from Sudbury area to the job. May be wrong but I was told by a normally reliable source.

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:05 pm

According to their website they have appointed one of the fringe first team players from last season. Probably a case do you want to play or manage the ressies !

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  oldschool Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:30 am

Liam Britton is a good lad who was at Sudbury and Wivenhoe in previous seasons and were it not for injury would have played more first team games. I understand that he has been at Hadleigh with a view to getting first team action however has been offered the chance of managing the ressies and passing on his experience to lads coming through. I wish him well.

oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:27 am

Not knowing anything about Liam Britton ( new Hadleigh Reserves Manager ), i hope he succeeds, seems strange that nobody of a higher profile was appointed ( no disrepects to Liam ) as Hadleigh have always seemed a high profile club where people wish to manage. But could if anyone applied not agree terms with the First Team Manager ???, but from what i can gather from last season the First Team Manager was selecting all three teams i.e First Team, Reserves & Under 18's, so it that a reason why , if this continues this season how much input is he ( Liam ) going to have on the Reserves is will it be a case of just managing the team on the day, time will tell, but as he is younger than some of the " older " players that have signed for the first team, will they take to his match day instructions if they have to play for the Reserves when coming back from injury etc , seen if at other clubs where they ignore the manager !!!!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down