Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ?

+2
welshwatcher
dellwood
6 posters

Go down

Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ? Empty Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ?

Post  dellwood Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 pm

ITFC have pulled out of the SPC giving a few reasons which I find strange. A maximum of 4 extra games if they get to the final, but with the under 21 league (last season I believe gave them about 14/16 games) taking up the time they say ! A loss or not...you decide.

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ? Empty Re: Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ?

Post  welshwatcher Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:16 am

They sort of quote that their academy players have a lot of traveling to do and their fixtures get changed. The main team do a lot of travelling and get their fixtures changed ... wonder if they will pull out of the FA Cup!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ? Empty Re: Ipswich Town pull out of Premier Cup. A loss or not ?

Post  warhorse Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:35 am

does this mean that Ipswich get a fine for pulling out of a county cup competition? any other club who pulls out of their county cup gets a fine for not entering the competition that they are expected to play in.
would suffolk fa fine them and risk having to find alternative venues for the main county finals?
warhorse
warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:53 am

Good point about the finals issue Town got the SFA by the curlies on that one.
I think you only have to enter the competition if you so wish, surely it is not compulsory,perhaps someone could elaborate for me.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:56 am

I thought it was a compulsory competition Step 5 up, Suffolk Premier Cup, Step 6/7 Suffolk Senior Cup, Step 8 & below Suffolk Junior Cup.

I believe you can elect to 'not enter' for which there is a mandatory fine, I thought it was £200.oo, small fry in the case of ITFC and I doubt it would affect the playing of finals at Portman Road.

The biggest disappointment is for the other clubs in the competition, well their supporters who see it as an opportunity to see the Tractor Boys close up and personal and proves to be a magnificent  PR tool for ITFC. To many of the youngsters it is something they will carry with them for many years, a sad decision by the top club in Suffolk!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  warhorse Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:28 am

the 'exemption contribution' for the Premier cup as listed in the county handbook for season 2012/13 is £500, which i know is not a lot of money for a club in the Championship, they should play in the competition for the goodwill created and for the money generated for the host clubs
warhorse
warhorse

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:13 am

Ipswich Town are "in & out of the competition like a fiddlers elbow " , surely its about time the County F.A ask them to make their minds up whether they ( Ipswich ) are going to stay in the Competition long term, or not bothering at all. Are the County frightened to upset them in case the long association of playing County Cup finals @ Portman Road are put in jeopardy Exclamation Question 

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:34 am

It would be interesting to know how far up the 'pecking order' that this decision was made. I would imagine that Mick Macarthy would be keen to have an Ipswich X1 playing in a 'grass roots' competition where he would be keen to win friends and influence them!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 pm

Backfour wrote:It would be interesting to know how far up the 'pecking order' that this decision was made. I would imagine that Mick Macarthy would be keen to have an Ipswich X1 playing in a 'grass roots' competition where he would be keen to win friends and influence them!

I would think it is entirely MM's decision about whether they play in the competition or not!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:56 pm

I don't think MM enjoyed his experience at the Goldstar last season, especially as they made a point of saying in their press release that they played a younger team against us. No excuse they were well beaten on the night by a time that wanted to win. How many of the IT team from that game are still there this season ? Not many I believe.

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down