Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New proposed Leagues/ The demise of the Eastern Counties League

+13
crackers
athleticman
Backfour
Spenny
HUFC Supporter
stephen
bergh1
GMac
Belsize Park
Nuts 10
welshwatcher
CentreForward
spongebob
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New proposed Leagues/ The demise of the Eastern Counties League - Page 2 Empty Re: New proposed Leagues/ The demise of the Eastern Counties League

Post  stephen Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 am

sammy wrote:I note from the Hadleigh United website the " Acting Chairman " has issued a club statement, but having read this looks as if they are sitting on the fence to see what the outcome is, i note not many other clubs nor the Ridgeons League ( Eastern Counties ) have not made statements on where they stand , although 2013/14 season is a long way off if the League & Clubs do not make a stance against the proposals ( if thats is how they feel ) then the F.A will push the matter through
I note from Welshwatcher's comments the UCL have rejected the proposals already, perhaps more will come from the meeting at Stanway on Friday

Whilst this matter seems hinged on the Ridgeons Premier League no mention has yet been made about Division One, Reserve, & Youth Leagues

I think you are right and the combined response will be made public following the meeting of the clubs directly affected by the essex based changes on friday, which is also being attended by ridgeons league committee members to give the very latest position and assistance.

At Clacton we have asked everyone for their opinions and the committee meets tonight to consider its response and will take this to the meeting friday.

I expect news on Division one to follow in due course but way down the line, as they can not start to look at step 6 until the review of step 5 nears completion! As said elsewhere, the reserve and youth leagues do not fall within the FA national leagues system, so they cannot really dictate how they are run and it is up to the league member clubs, via the committee, how those two competitions are organised. Whatever happens I would hope/expect they will be much the same, as they already admit esl clubs and others to take part.

stephen

Back to top Go down

New proposed Leagues/ The demise of the Eastern Counties League - Page 2 Empty Re: New proposed Leagues/ The demise of the Eastern Counties League

Post  Backfour Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:42 am

On the Ball City wrote:just to advise, the 7 Ridgeons Premier League Clubs potentially effected by the FA proposals to move into a new London North Eastern League from season 2013/14 are meeting at Stanway Rovers FC on Friday evening. This is a meeting of the Clubs to explore a joint response to the FA.

Officers from the Ridgeons League have kindly agreed to attend to offer advice on the process and clarity on the FA proposals to the Clubs.

I would expect the Clubs to make an announcement shortly after, and to seek views and input from supporters, players and sponsors etc
Did anything materialise from your meeting of the ''magnificent 7''. I would loved to have been 'a fly on the wall'!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Did anything materialise from your meeting of the ''magnificent 7''. I would loved to have been 'a fly on the wall'!!!

Now off to Leicester for meeting with the FA which we are led to believe could get heated.

A couple of users of this forum attended the well hosted meeting at Stanway, may sensible and constructive views were aired by ALL those present. While there was a negative view of the overall idea, there was a positive view on a considered and constructive response.

Think we all want to listen to The FA and report back directly the views of the clubs before going into open forum about it. There are many considerations to digest and take into account, no doubt as Arnold said

'We'll be back!'

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:23 am

Thanks Welshwatcher for keeping me/us in the 'loop'.

Last edited by Backfour on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2