Eastern Counties Football Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saffron Walden Town

+10
AndyC
welshwatcher
spongebob
sammy
dellwood
outside left
Backfour
Greenmanwalking
Nuts 10
Blood
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Saffron Walden Town Empty Saffron Walden Town

Post  Blood Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 pm

Positive moves to get the club up and running again.
Meeting being held for anyone interested at the Saffron Hotel on March 1st.

Here's a link to Cambridge Evening News report,
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Bloods-aim-to-get-back-in-business-22022012.htm

Blood

Back to top Go down

Saffron Walden Town Empty div 1

Post  Nuts 10 Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Team Braintree?

Nuts 10

Back to top Go down

Saffron Walden Town Empty Re: Saffron Walden Town

Post  Blood Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:43 am

Saffron Walden have applied to rejoin the Ridgeons League, First Division next season.

The Bloods withdrew from the league ahead of the start of the current campaign as chairman John Butchart and the committee were unhappy with a proposed development close to their Catons Lane Ground.

But the club have sent a letter to the league’s general secretary Nigel Spurling – as did Framlingham, Sheringham and Team Braintree – stating their desire to compete again next term.

The request has been passed onto the FA’s leagues committee and if they give the move the green light Walden’s fate would be decided at the league’s annual meeting on June 16.

"It’s up to the leagues committee of the FA to decide whether or not Saffron Walden are allowed to restart at step six or whether they have to start again at step seven," said Spurling. "Normally when a club drops out, for whatever reason, they start again at a lower level. I’ve basically passed the information on to the FA and they will tell me."

Didn't Whitton drop out of the step 5 league (mid season) and then rejoin step 6 the very next season ? can somebody shed some light on this i seem to have forgotten. Wink
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 am

GMW, Ridgeons First Division was short of competing clubs at the time and with the numbers still short, i think it will apply again. QED!!!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:27 am

Get them all in,the more the merrier, will make Ridgeons 1 look like a proper division...even Saffy Walden if they get a crowd counter Rolling Eyes
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  outside left Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:36 am

It is a no-brainer. The Bloods are a fine Club and reformed will be an asset to the Eastern Counties League, in my humble opinion.

outside left

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:02 pm

So anyone know who decides?
Is it the existing clubs who vote or is it up to a couple of suits and what mood they are in? Very Happy

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:55 am

As i said in my earlier post, the league is short of member clubs so, in the words of 'Del Boy', you know it makes sense, to admit the clubs who are wanting to become members (if they meet the league requirements). I think it is the member clubs who call the shots but i'm open to being corrected. In the case of Saffron Walden, i for one will be pleased to see them back in the First Division as i've had good times in my career visiting the club as a player and manager of clubs to Catons Lane. Good luck to them in their application.
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:39 am

Agree with above post it just makes sense,can't see how the league committee will be able to turn any of these clubs down.
As i recall from visiting Framlingham and Sheringham(don't know about Team Braintree)they should easily pass ground standards and Catons Lane is an excellent place to go on a summer Saturday afternoon.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  dellwood Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:08 am

The problem with Framlingham is that they are bottom of the S.I.L & look almost certain to be relegated so how can you justify promoting them instead.

dellwood

Back to top Go down

Post  outside left Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:46 am

The League Committee can recommend but in this case it is the FA who make the decision as it is a reformed club, but think of Lynn asnd Whitton!

outside left

Back to top Go down

Post  sammy Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:31 am

I agree with GMW, let Saffron Walden back in , Whitton drop out but were allowed straight back in at Division One level.
Walden's ground surely meets the requirements of the Ridgeons League, so the F.A should let them in to get the Division One up to the required number
As for Framlingham, i seem to recall if they finished in the top eight of their league they would be promoted, but again as they are propping up the division this is unlikely
Team Braintree !!! anyone any ideas, Braintree Town Reserves possibly !!!

sammy

Back to top Go down

Post  Backfour Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 am

I think you'll find that the name Team Braintree was mentioned during the on/off sale of Cornard United when they (Braintree) were allegedly trying to improve the level/standard of football that their Reserves were playing at but it all fell by the wayside. With Braintree at the dizzy heights of Conference football you can understand their reasoning for raising the profile of their Reserves BUT as we all know Ridgeons League do not allow Reserve teams into the League. Oh i forgot Team Bury!!!!!!!
Backfour
Backfour

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 am

Team Braintree are indeed Braintree Town Reserves, and they are the same bunch who were going to play under the Cornard banner. Of course to circumvent the reserve teams scenario they have formed the new club Team Braintree, and I am informed by somebody reasonably senior on the RL Management Committee that they have been cleared by The FA to compete at step 6.

As far as ground grading goes GMW there is absolutely no problem as they will be playing on the Braintree Town pitch which hosts Conference football. (Even though they are not connected in any way, shape or form to Braintree Town, of course!)
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:55 am

Mr Bob....there seems to be an air of sarcasm in your post....... lol!
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenmanwalking Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:11 am

dellwood wrote:The problem with Framlingham is that they are bottom of the S.I.L & look almost certain to be relegated so how can you justify promoting them instead.

Instead of who.....i wasn't justifying any team,what i agree to is the league is well short on numbers at the moment,so any teams willing to take the step up should be welcomed with open arm's.
Greenmanwalking
Greenmanwalking

Back to top Go down

Post  spongebob Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:04 am

Greenmanwalking wrote: Mr Bob....there seems to be an air of sarcasm in your post....... lol!
Sarcasm? Moi? How very dare you?
spongebob
spongebob

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:50 pm

dellwood wrote:The problem with Framlingham is that they are bottom of the S.I.L & look almost certain to be relegated so how can you justify promoting them instead.

Dellwood has a fair point, but how do you run with 'Team Braintree' or is this a completely separate entity to Braintree Town, with no crossover of players and will Braintree Town maintain a side in The Ridgeons Reserve League?

If for instance they were to win D1 and then The PD would they be allowed at step 4 (always of course providing they survive the step 5/6 review and don't get placed in The Scottish Highland Division)? Somehow I think not!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 pm

Saffron Walden have to wait and see if they are let back in at step 6 & if not then they will be demoted to 7 as punishment for dropping out for a season , so how come
a completely new team (Team Braintree) don't have to start at the very bottom of the pyramid?
I'm all for more clubs don't get me wrong but surly then Framlingham should be in
with a better shout.

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  welshwatcher Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Blood wrote:Saffron Walden have to wait and see if they are let back in at step 6 & if not then they will be demoted to 7 as punishment for dropping out for a season , so how come
a completely new team (Team Braintree) don't have to start at the very bottom of the pyramid?
I'm all for more clubs don't get me wrong but surly then Framlingham should be in
with a better shout.

Anybody heard of that song
We all have friends who have friends by the million?

I was thinking of penning a song 'Why don't Ilford ever get relegated from step four!

welshwatcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 pm

Anyway you can keep up to date with Walden's going on's on the new look website,

http://www.saffronwaldentownfc.com/

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Well over 100 people attended last nights meeting & a new committee has been elected with the
main aim of getting a team back in the Ridgeons league (or whatever it will be called) in time for next season.

Read more,
http://www.saffronwaldenreporter.co.uk/home

Blood

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyC Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:58 pm

Sounds promising, it would be good for the First Division to have Walden back in it again next season and more importantly a town of Walden's size needs a football club!

AndyC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next